Help with a client...please.

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've got a great client who is mid-40's and was in a rollover car wreck and suffered a brain injury. He works and is ambulatory, alert and communicates well...has an occasional bad day, but he's otherwise OK. No other health issues...

He's on a High-Deductible Plan F that I'd like to see what other options there are with him. I don't normally deal with disabilities, so I don't know where else to turn.

We're all in Texas, BTW.

Any help, ladies and germs? I'd really appreciate it...

The people I deal with in IN that are on medicare disability, I put them on a medicare advantage plan because most of the disability med supps are outrageous in price.

The people I deal with in IN that are on medicare disability, I put them on a medicare advantage plan because most of the disability med supps are outrageous in price.

Why would putting them on a Med Advantage, do you mean PFFS? What difference does it make in their Meds?

Are you assuming that the total cost to the client will be less if you put them on an "Advantage Plan"?

I've got a great client who is mid-40's and was in a rollover car wreck and suffered a brain injury. He works and is ambulatory, alert and communicates well...has an occasional bad day, but he's otherwise OK. No other health issues...

If he works and is "otherwise OK", then why is he on disability?

I don't see that him being on disability has anything to do with the kind of Medicare Supplement policy he has.

I guess I don't understand any of that. We all have "bad days". Not having a real good one myself today. LOL

I have the same questions, Frank. If anyone has noticed my posts about MA plans, you'll see that I'm certainly no fan of them. I know they are not completely useless, but I'd like to know how they are useful in this case...

If he works and is "otherwise OK", then why is he on disability?

I don't see that him being on disability has anything to do with the kind of Medicare Supplement policy he has.

I guess I don't understand any of that. We all have "bad days". Not having a real good one myself today. LOL

heh...I know how you feel! ;)

You know, that's a great question. Maybe I could see if he qualifies for a regular individual policy. Hmmm...I don't really know why he's on disability! It wasn't my doing...good question!

I have the same questions, Frank. If anyone has noticed my posts about MA plans, you'll see that I'm certainly no fan of them. I know they are not completely useless, but I'd like to know how they are useful in this case...

You know that I don't like them.

I hate to question Senior's suggestion but I don't think they are.

How about it Senior, did I miss something?

Well here in IN I beleive the Med supp under age 65 are usually over $200 a month and its usually a plan B. So by putting them on a medicare advantage plan they should save alot of money. Usually people on disability dont have alot of money anyways. Frank, I didnt say anything about meds, so I don't understand your question. I was referring to a pffs plan.

Well here in IN I beleive the Med supp under age 65 are usually over $200 a month and its usually a plan B. So by putting them on a medicare advantage plan they should save alot of money. Usually people on disability dont have alot of money anyways. Frank, I didnt say anything about meds, so I don't understand your question. I was referring to a pffs plan.

Sorry, I saw "med" and my mind registered "meds". Got to find some better drugs. LOL

In Missouri I can sell any of the Med Supp policies to under 65 and the premium isn't that much more than a regular Med Supp.

Female under age 65, Plan D $105.33, Female age 65, Plan D $93.25. Continental Life rates.

Back