Help with Auto Insurance in Michigan Please

TeePee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a former customer that sold her car in NC 2 months ago and moved to Michigan. Because she sold her car, she has not had continuous liability coverage and the quotes she has gotten has been anywhere from $900 to $1100. Any suggestions on who she could turn to for at least the next six months until she has continuous coverage?

I don't know MI and in CA, prior coverage isn't a rating factor, so bear with me...

Do any of your carriers have an 'innocent no-prior' type of category? I've seen this on various rating systems, so I know it exists, just not sure if it applies in MI or not.

It still doesn't get the best rates available, but it could help.

If not, I guess she'll have to pay the premium for 6 months and then switch.

Dan

Thanks! I can talk talk talk talk until I am blue in the face about keeping basic liability insurance but it goes in one ear and out the other 75% of the time.

Good luck, I hope you can find something for her. Make sure you set her expectations appropriately, she has gone from the state with the lowest auto premiums in the country to one of the highest.

just so we're clear, I'm assuming she's purchased another vehicle recently? (based on the premium range you posted, it didn't sound like a non-owner's policy)

also, does she have health insurance? if so, that will give her a tiny bit of a break, going with excess medical over primary medical.

ditto what Indienoise said! MI is incredibly high because of their medical requirements.

----------

in CA, prior coverage isn't a rating factor, so bear with me...
Dan

I also remember you posting that credit isn't a rating factor in CA either .... so what the hell is a rating factor in CA? How far your surfboard hangs out of the back window? :D:swoon:

We have GMAC that does innocent no prior. I think a few more companies have that also. If liab only and innocent no prior might be under $900?

I also remember you posting that credit isn't a rating factor in CA either .... so what the hell is a rating factor in CA? How far your surfboard hangs out of the back window? :D:swoon:

Well, both the surfboard and your actual driving record. Not sure which is rated higher though.....

Back