Help with case?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Came across a 64/yo female (turns 65 next month), smoker.

She was recently denied (within the last month) a $10k FE policy from Phoenix Nassau RE (not sure of the name, mainly because she's not sure. She didn't have any literature from them.) She says she was denied because of an RX she takes (took?), But "doesn't take anymore". She only RX she takes is Xanax and Oxycodone.

Will anyone place her? I feel like the recent denial is a bit of a hurdle.

Wont be a hurdle as long as the company doesn’t ask about recent declines. There’s a few that do. But most wont care.

Phoenix’s FE product is UW just like their SI term. Can’t imagine why anyone would ever try to write it for FE??

Wont be a hurdle as long as the company doesn’t ask about recent declines. There’s a few that do. But most wont care.

Phoenix’s FE product is UW just like their SI term. Can’t imagine why anyone would ever try to write it for FE??

Idk, it was an amerilife guy, I never even heard of the company. Would Foresters or Americo take her?

Well, this lady decided to throw me a curve ball this morning. She "forgot" that she takes Albuterol.

Apparently she was originally prescribed it for asthma, but she was later diagnosed by a different doctor for COPD. She says she didn't like that doctor, so she fired him, and got a new PCP. This new doctor disagrees with the previous doctor, and says it's not COPD, just asthma caused by smoking.

Wtf...
I don't think anybody will take it as a level benefit now? I think at one time Monumental Life (Transamerica now?) Would do it. Will they still take it as a level?

Well, this lady decided to throw me a curve ball this morning. She "forgot" that she takes Albuterol.

Apparently she was originally prescribed it for asthma, but she was later diagnosed by a different doctor for COPD. She says she didn't like that doctor, so she fired him, and got a new PCP. This new doctor disagrees with the previous doctor, and says it's not COPD, just asthma caused by smoking.

Wtf...
I don't think anybody will take it as a level benefit now? I think at one time Monumental Life (Transamerica now?) Would do it. Will they still take it as a level?
I believe she could get Level Standard with LBL as long as no oxygen. Bankers Fidelity Level, if Astma and not COPD. Sentinel Security would be a true Graded(30%/70%/100%).

I wrote a lady last week that was prescribed the generic to Albuterol for asthma. Said she used as needed and one bottle lasted 6 months. Transamerica offered standard. If you have any respiratory condition whether chronic or not you won't get preferred anymore with Tranamerica.

Wtf...

Trans and LBL will take that one, but maybe a note from the doc saying it is only asthma would help with other companies

Back