Help with Client in Texas and Oklahoma

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello, I have a client 6/24/1982 female, no tobacco use

77407 (?Memorial hermann...undecided health system actually) & 74133 (St Johns Medical Center)

She takes no rx and is off-exchange. I wonder if someone in this zip code (she lives in Texas and commutes part time to the other zip code) could email me a quote on the plan with the best network available to her. Cost isn't too much of a concern.

If your licensed in Texas I'll forward you her contact info. My email is [email protected]

Last edited:
Here's an example of a lose lose situation next year depending on your state.

If PPO's are not available in your county, even OFF exchange, the client is gonna have a problem when out of network.

Others? Commuters like this, snowbirds, college students away from the nest, Travelers, RV'ers................heck, I can drive 10 miles for the best dam pie in AZ and be out of the county and out of network. Don't succumb to that piece of pie !

I am hoping for a plan that has a network that crosses into both of those areas. In MO, uhc off exchange uses Navigate plus network, which has multiple states in network.

I'm wishing for something similar if anyone knows that area.

I am hoping for a plan that has a network that crosses into both of those areas. In MO, uhc off exchange uses Navigate plus network, which has multiple states in network.

I'm wishing for something similar if anyone knows that area.

Look at these...

Humana PPO
UHC Choice (NOT plus)

Welcome to Texas. Where you get what you get and you dont throw a fit.....

I went to a meeting yesterday in Dallas at BenefitMall for Oscar health plans. Not enough information really about the plan to have much of an opinion yet, other than it's a Baylor/Scott and White program.

I hadn't been keeping too much of a close eye on the health insurance plans so it was interesting in the fact that the BenefitMall guy said that there were only going to be a couple of PPO plans in Texas for 2016.

What a mess!! Nobody will realize how restrictive these plans are going to be until something like cancer happens and they want to go to MD Anderson.

My question for everyone is: What networks will MD Anderson, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo, etc. take?

For all FFM states, your easiest quote engine is www.healthsherpa.com

Just use the little box called "Details" (for each plan quoted on your screen) to see additional links to:
- Summary of Benefits
- Doctor List (includes hospitals in the networks)
- Drug List

2016 plans will be available in late October.

Latest posts

Back