Help with Cold Calling

mpnewton

Need some help. I am new to business and trying to build my agency. Does anyone have any ideas of how and where to find prospective agents? Just looking for some good ideas on how to get my foot in the door. Thanks!

Need some help. I am new to business and trying to build my agency. Does anyone have any ideas of how and where to find prospective agents? Just looking for some good ideas on how to get my foot in the door. Thanks!

There are companies that sell insurance agent lists. You can do a Google search for them. You could place agent recruiting ads real cheap in papers like the Thrifty Nickel, Penny Saver, etc. You can place an ad in sales section in the classified employment ad section of the Sunday newspaper. Plus another way to recruit agents is through free listings under sales on Craiglist. You can repeat your ad every two days on Craigslist to put your ad up near the top. The ad goes down the list as new ones are added by other people.

Most states you can search and download agent lists at the department of insurance website... just a thought.

Another question. You mentioned you are new to the business, do you have a value proposition that is going to get agents to join your agency?

Back