Help with Group and 1 Sick Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCCFIS

I apologize in advance as I am very new to group health insurance, so maybe this is a quick simple answer.

The situation is as follows: Have a group health plan that would be for 25 employees, overall younger demo, got a great rate with a non-guaranteed issue plan before finding one employee requires a monthly injection that costs over $60,000 a year. Doubled the premium.

Is there anyway to move this employee to another plan? Is there a way to move him to Obamacare and reimburse him for his insurance?

I apologize in advance as I am very new to group health insurance, so maybe this is a quick simple answer.

The situation is as follows: Have a group health plan that would be for 25 employees, overall younger demo, got a great rate with a non-guaranteed issue plan before finding one employee requires a monthly injection that costs over $60,000 a year. Doubled the premium.

Is there anyway to move this employee to another plan? Is there a way to move him to Obamacare and reimburse him for his insurance?

Are you quoting a self-funded plan? Or is it some kind of list-bill mini-med type plan?

Generally speaking, you cant carve out a single employee because of health reasons.

If they are offered a Qualified Group Health Plan from their employer that is considered "affordable", they will not be eligible for obamacare subsidies.

It sounds like you need to put this group in a fully funded Qualified Group Health Plan.

Guess I need to unblock some folks so I can follow the conversation.

But then, I remembered. I really don't care what some folks post which is why I block them.

Oh, and thanks for the support, Jen.

Just noticed someone I am ignoring has 392 posts and no likes. Hope they don't get their feelings hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back