. . . help with Health Insurance

Brother 2/17/1974 - smoker - heart attack 6 years ago - nothing since or current

Wife 9/7/1972 - smoker - only issue is Thyroid.

They want health insurance and can't qualify for ObamaCare . . .

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

Call an agent that specializes. All plan are Obamacrap. Doesn't matter if through the exchange or not.

Rick

Was the purpose for this post. I had hoped a health agent would have ideas. I'm not getting an appt for health - yuck.

He only qualifies for ACA. Go to health Sherpa. Check out the zip. I doubt he qualifies for a STM Plan

So - peeps can't buy health insurance when they want anymore?

Sherpa said -

" Sorry, you don't qualify for Marketplace Special Enrollment.
During Special Enrollment Period, you need a Qualifying Life Event to be eligible to enroll. "

Was the purpose for this post. I had hoped a health agent would have ideas. I'm not getting an appt for health - yuck.
Then the way to do this would have been "I don't do health insurance. Who does this in (town)? Kind of like "I haven't a clue about life insurance and want the forum to do all the legwork for me."

That way we don't have to bother reading all this just to find out it's not you that will help but you need an agent.

Rick

So - peeps can't buy health insurance when they want anymore?

Sherpa said -

" Sorry, you don't qualify for Marketplace Special Enrollment.
During Special Enrollment Period, you need a Qualifying Life Event to be eligible to enroll. "

Correct. You can’t just get insurance any month you want. But you can get an idea of prices.

Welcome to the new group of uninsured! They make too much money, so they have to pay full price for the plan, which is very high. From what I see, people in that case often choose to go without.

My 13k HSA plan on ACA for 2018 is $2,100/month for my family of 5. My out of pocket exposure is $13k + 2100x12 = $38,200.

When it was a grandfathered (preACA) plan in 2017, the cost was $693/month. I created a group plan for my company and that now is $1300/month with a 11k deductible. Still no fun.

With the ACA in place, every health plan has to meet their requirements to be considered a health insurance plan. No real other choices if you want major medical coverage. Next year, they can go without and not get the penalty.

Latest posts

Back