Help with letters

loftyerd

Does anyone have a sample letter that would be sent to insureds when doing a Book-roll to another carrier? Or maybe for rewrites to a new carrier that has been picked up? I’ve seen some good ones in the past but now that I need one I can’t find any examples online. TIA - I appreciate any tips or suggestions!

I am looking for help with wording a letter to send to existing clients that I would like to roll over to a new carrier upon the expiration of their current policies. We have picked up a new carrier and I’d like to be send a letter that says something about when their policy expires we recommend switching to this new carrier. I’ve had letters like this to use at past agencies I’ve worked for but the agency I am with now doesn’t have such a letter so I’m looking for help creating one.

If they are your existing clients why not just call them upon renewal and explain you would like to move them to a better company??

I am looking for help with wording a letter to send to existing clients that I would like to roll over to a new carrier upon the expiration of their current policies. We have picked up a new carrier and I’d like to be send a letter that says something about when their policy expires we recommend switching to this new carrier. I’ve had letters like this to use at past agencies I’ve worked for but the agency I am with now doesn’t have such a letter so I’m looking for help creating one.

Do you have one already or something that you came up with?

I have done a few book rolls, small ones, but we typically try to contact the customer 30 days ahead of time to let them know their options. If the premium meets or beats the current they usually don't have an issue making the switch. Good Luck!

Do you have one already or something that you came up with?

That seems like the easiest letter in the world to write. I’ll take a stab:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We have some great news that might be of benefit to you. We have added several new insurance carriers that have very attractive rates for the families of Bugtussel.

Your current auto and homeowners policies are up for renewal on July 1st of this year. I would like to sit down with both of you for a short review to see if you now qualify for the same coverage at even lower rates.

I will be calling you within the next few days to schedule a time that is convenient for you. If you prefer to call me sooner, please call me anytime at (223) 456-7890

Sincerely,

Floyd Naddawriter
Bugtussell Mutual

That seems like the easiest letter in the world to write. I’ll take a stab:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We have some great news that might be of benefit to you. We have added several new insurance carriers that have very attractive rates for the families of Bugtussel.

Your current auto and homeowners policies are up for renewal on July 1st of this year. I would like to sit down with both of you for a short review to see if you now qualify for the same coverage at even lower rates.

I will be calling you within the next few days to schedule a time that is convenient for you. If you prefer to call me sooner, please call me anytime at (223) 456-7890

Sincerely,

Floyd Naddawriter
Bugtussell Mutual

I like what you said but I tweaked it according how I would speak to my insureds. It's no more right or wrong than your letter, just giving a slightly different perspective.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We have some great news regarding your home and auto policies. We have added several more highly respected insurance carriers to our agency that have a very attractive rate on similar coverage to your current policies.

Your auto and homeowners policies are up for renewal on July 1st of this year. I would like to sit down or discuss this by phone with you for a short review at your convenience to see if you now qualify for these lower rates.

Sincerely,

Floyd Naddawriter
Bugtussell Mutual

I like what you said but I tweaked it according how I would speak to my insureds. It's no more right or wrong than your letter, just giving a slightly different perspective.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We have some great news regarding your home and auto policies. We have added several more highly respected insurance carriers to our agency that have a very attractive rate on similar coverage to your current policies.

Your auto and homeowners policies are up for renewal on July 1st of this year. I would like to sit down or discuss this by phone with you for a short review at your convenience to see if you now qualify for these lower rates.

Sincerely,

Floyd Naddawriter
Bugtussell Mutual

Even better!

Back