Help with Potential Client

kcinsc

Expert
Ok so mainly deal only with the simplified issue final expense policies. Anyway I met with a couple today who are both very interested in buying a policy for the last time as they have switched over the years. She is 51 years old with fibromyalgia and on disability 5'7 170lbs. She currently has a universal life at $78 per month in which death benefit has recently been reduced from 100k to 50k to ensure guranateed benefit till age 100 at current premiums. He is 45 5'9 235lbs with slightly high bp that is controlled and also has universal life at $92 per month for 100k in coverage but hes only got about 15 yrs before cash value runs out and premiums will skyrocket. I cant find anything lower priced to beat hers but it seems like the AIG guaranteed universal life may give him guaranteed premiums for around the same or a little less. I haven't dealt with the gul much and I'm needing to know if he would qualify for standard rate with his weight? it says standard >230 on the underwriting guide but just not familiar with fully underwritten yet. Trying to figure out what his rating would be or any other products you guy think might offer better value.

I would leave her alone. Most fully underwritten carriers don't like case where the applicant is disabled. For him I would try Sagicor if they are available in your state. AIG may give him standard, but that application will be fully underwritten.

Back