Help with Tennessee Do Not Call

Michael Haislip said:
Does anyone know how to check for a number in the Tennessee DNC list? It seems they want me to cough up $500 annually for the list.

Well if I remember correctly you can't get the access till you pay the $500, talk about a rip off! The National list is free of charge, this is nothing more then a money grap by the State. Yet as much calling as I have done I'm yet to find anyone that yas stated they are on it. I never heard of it till someone in the biz stated TN had one last year. I have yet to sign up, suppose I should.

Ps, here is the link, had to find it!

http://www2.state.tn.us/tra/nocall.htm

i have same problem here in louisiana they want an ungodly ammount plus you have to either put up a 10000 line of credit or a surety bond it's frigging ridiculous luckily i am appointed with mutual of omaha and they have a do not call scrubbing system that scrubs against state and fed also you can subscribe to gryphon and when you call you can't call to ant # on a do not call list :wink:

I know of agent who got fined $10,000 for contacting a referral that was on the do not call list. If someone turns you in, the state will come after you with both barrells blazing.

Insuranceman said:
I know of agent who got fined $10,000 for contacting a referral that was on the do not call list. If someone turns you in, the state will come after you with both barrells blazing.

It would be nice to know the specifics for this case because there are things that a business owner can do to protect being sued by somebody on the do not call list. I suspect there is more to the story.

moonlightandmargaritas said:
Here's a solution. Call businesses. There is no such thing as a "do not call" list for businesses.

Great idea! Business have to be nice to you since you are local and you might be their customer.

I think if client contact you first then you have 30 - 90 days to call even if they are on do not call list unless they asked you do not call again.

Back