Helpful Books for Going Independent?

I've decided to go independent and am getting a business plan in place. Some of what I'll need to be doing is self explanatory like getting a store front or a website if I'm going to sell from home. Some of the other things are harder to pin down and quantify. For example, what form my business should take, where to buy applications, things like that.

Question:

Are there any books, online tutorials, etc. that provide a comprehensive outline for setting up my own agency?

Thank you, Sean.

what insurance are you going to try and sell? Not to sound gruff, but based on your questions you have a lot to learn. There is a big difference between opening a storefront, or working from home, not just in financial terms. You dont need to buy applications.

Read everything you can on this site, that will answer most of your questions.

what insurance are you going to try and sell? Not to sound gruff, but based on your questions you have a lot to learn. There is a big difference between opening a storefront, or working from home, not just in financial terms.

Read everything you can on this site, that will answer most of your questions.

You don't sound gruff at all. I'm smart enough to know I don't know enough...that's why I'm asking for guidance.I know I have a lot to learn. Thankfully, I'm college trained regarding study habits. This is already proving helpful. I've actually started a word file for all the steps and information I can find. I guess I'll keep reading.

Sean.

Back