Helping Clients with Part D Can Be a Violation

It's about time someone stopped all these rogue agents from doing the assists on pdps. That job is for those of us who are both licensed and appointed with the carriers for that purpose.

Ya'll just need to go somewhere and play vid games or whatever you do while we take care of business.

It's about time someone stopped all these rogue agents from doing the assists on pdps. That job is for those of us who are both licensed and appointed with the carriers for that purpose.

Ya'll just need to go somewhere and play vid games or whatever you do while we take care of business.

Sure, if you think obtaining an SOA, waiting two days, and then seeing someone face to face is a good use of your time for $56 then please take care of your business while I actually do something that counts towards making a living.

That's what the client would have to say but how many would remember to say it if and when UHC calls them randomly about something that happened several months ago.

Talk about stupidity, this one beats everything. I will just play dumb about PDP from now on, I'm not risking a healthy renewal stream with this.

I just realized my original post said 'ISP' instead of 'IP'...

Looks like a new form to get the client to sign.

I (insert client name) hereby affirm I completed my PDP enrollment application online by myself. My agent did not assist me in the enrollment process.

I think I'll pass.

And why would it even matter to a carrier if the enrollment was done at medicare dot gov? If anything it just saved the carrier a little bit of money by not having to pay that LARGE commission we get for PDP enrollments.

I still don't get how it could be fraud. It clearly states on the gov app who is signing, and the person "signing" it can clearly be someone helping or assisting.

I can understand that if the app didn't have that option.....

I did the app during AEP. I'm still at a loss as to how they decided I did this for my client.

No matter. I can pass on using UHC for PDP. I think I wrote two.

Rick

Did you do this on the med.gov site or the agent assist site (blanking on name something like myenroll.com)?

Did you do this on the med.gov site or the agent assist site (blanking on name something like myenroll.com)?

UHC (and others) have a consumer site with an online application. There is a place to put the agent ID number for commission. This is where I did it.

Had I used Medicare.gov I don't know how UHC could even question what was done.

UHC does not have an electronic enrollment system that does not require a signature pad negating any reason to use it. Humana says we need a SOA to use their e-app despite the consumer having to click a link and e-sign.

I've given up on CMS being anything close to agent friendly. It's too bad companies who keep feeling us the BS about how we are their partners do everything they can to keep us from working on our clients' behalf.

Rick

Until a few months ago the UHC Consumer Medicare enrollment site had a statement at the screen for Esignature that said something along lines of 'I am the consumer or I am someone helping the consumer submit this application'

They recently changed it to just 'I am the consumer submitting this application'

It's their choice, I am fine with not helping clients enroll in PDP plans electronically, it's much less work for me and I have every right to say to the client that Medicare rules prevent me from helping you with this in any useful way since I am not going to make a return visit to a Med Supp client to do a separate PDP application by paper.

1- Call 1-800-MEDICARE. Open 24/7 except on the 62 federal holidays
2- Give them your Drug List ID and Password Date
3 - Let them suggest a plan

UHC (and others) have a consumer site with an online application. There is a place to put the agent ID number for commission. This is where I did it. Had I used Medicare.gov I don't know how UHC could even question what was done. UHC does not have an electronic enrollment system that does not require a signature pad negating any reason to use it. Humana says we need a SOA to use their e-app despite the consumer having to click a link and e-sign. I've given up on CMS being anything close to agent friendly. It's too bad companies who keep feeling us the BS about how we are their partners do everything they can to keep us from working on our clients' behalf. Rick

I have yet to do a drug plan with UHC and electronic but I've done med Supps without a sig pad. You can sign with your mouse. Wonder why they just don't use the same thing for part c and d?

Back