Henry Potter and the Chamber of Commerce

So when we last left our intrepid hero, he was striking out on his own and debating which path to take.

He decided to go the fully independent route, although fraught with dangers, it seemed to be the path where he could do the most good.

At the suggestion of another he was considering joining the local chamber of commerce, but was unsure if that is the correct path. While it seems it could lead to business contacts, it also seems to be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. While "cheap" to join, it's still money out of pocket that could be spent on something more useful...actual leads for example.

His business cards in the chamber office, an ad in a monthly newsletter that appears to have been put together by a monkey with a stapler and time on its hands.

What are your thoughts on this option?

Chamber of Commerce is more of a branding, relationship activity. It won't lead to immediate sales, but can get your name out there and build a brand and relationships. The other problem is, many are frequented by other salespeople who are as desperate as you are.

So, I won't say don't join. But definitely don't join thinking it will help you write business any time soon.

Is this your website?
https://easy-feinsurance.com/

I like it, and would like to do my own. Did go daddy do the whole thing for you?
I made a quick one.. but it needs a lot of work

I did but it needs a lot of work. Go Daddy really doesn't have a way to put a quote engine on or anything like that. I'm more interested in just trying to keep costs down at this moment.

So when we last left our intrepid hero, he was striking out on his own and debating which path to take.

He decided to go the fully independent route, although fraught with dangers, it seemed to be the path where he could do the most good.

At the suggestion of another he was considering joining the local chamber of commerce, but was unsure if that is the correct path. While it seems it could lead to business contacts, it also seems to be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. While "cheap" to join, it's still money out of pocket that could be spent on something more useful...actual leads for example.

His business cards in the chamber office, an ad in a monthly newsletter that appears to have been put together by a monkey with a stapler and time on its hands.

What are your thoughts on this option?
In the 40+ years I have been selling insurance I have never had a client ask if I were a member of the chamber. If you are working the business market you may develope valuable contacts. Not so much if you are concentrating on the FE market. Money would better spent on leads or some other venue that targets your market.

In the 40+ years I have been selling insurance I have never had a client ask if I were a member of the chamber. If you are working the business market you may develope valuable contacts. Not so much if you are concentrating on the FE market. Money would better spent on leads or some other venue that targets your market.

I was not having much luck in the FE market. I went into said market mainly because it, along with medicare, was all I did at my insurance call center job.

However when I was a banker I was used to finding and building relationships. I was a data miner before that term meant something. I was all about building the relationship with the company as a whole.

It got me rewarded and provided a lot of job satisfaction, it also got me blackballed because I said somethings to people with lots of experience that should have known better (you don't give home loans to people that can't afford to pay them jackass!). Now I'm in a position where I can do FE as well as build other relationships and be successful once again.

That's all. :) So is the Chamber for me? I don't know yet but it might be worth it...it might not. That is the feedback I'm looking for.

so how did having a website for yourself help you or what it did for you in boosting your endeavours?

My impression, which may be incorrect, is the FE target market is mostly low income. Those folks usually don't hang out at the C of C.

From your comments, when you were in banking you knew how to network. Go back to what you know best and figure out how to find potential clients.

Mark Rosenthal on the forum probably does a better job of networking lower middle income folks than anyone. Some of his "tips" seem corny but they work.

One of them is handing out water bottles with his contact information on the label.

He also has several groups on Facebook. Also has something to do with a motorcycle club (not a gang).

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/this-is-how-mark-rosenthal-sells-ins.8368/

My impression, which may be incorrect, is the FE target market is mostly low income. Those folks usually don't hang out at the C of C.

From your comments, when you were in banking you knew how to network. Go back to what you know best and figure out how to find potential clients.

Mark Rosenthal on the forum probably does a better job of networking lower middle income folks than anyone. Some of his "tips" seem corny but they work.

One of them is handing out water bottles with his contact information on the label.

He also has several groups on Facebook. Also has something to do with a motorcycle club (not a gang).

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/this-is-how-mark-rosenthal-sells-ins.8368/
Have you heard how Mark is doing? Been quite a while since I have seen an update on his health since he returned from being treated in Mexico.

Back