Hep C anybody offer level

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a 56 FT who has had Hep C since 2004. She took the new miracle drug a year and a half ago and her Doctor says she is now clean, Will anybody give her preferred or full coverage from day one?

I have a 56 FT who has had Hep C since 2004. She took the new miracle drug a year and a half ago and her Doctor says she is now clean, Will anybody give her preferred or full coverage from day one?
Liberty Bankers Life, should take at standard since has had treatment I would check there.

Also try Foresters Hepatitis that is not considered chronic can be preferred, I think the chronic one is B.

Hope that helps.

Bankers Fidelity and Equitable should both take her Level Standard. And as Jose mentioned, LBL SIMP Standard.

Several others will do a true Graded. While not Level, Graded does provide 1st day benefits.

Google chronic hepatitis, it looks like B comes up as chronic. Hep C can be Acute or Chronic if it is not chronic Foresters should take at preferred.

Bankers Fidelity and Equitable should both take her Level Standard. And as Jose mentioned, LBL SIMP Standard.

Several others will do a true Graded. While not Level, Graded does provide 1st day benefits.

Unfortunately with Equitable she would be bumped to graded because she’s a tobacco user. If she was non-tobacco then she would qualify for standard

With recent Harvoni treatment the only company I would go to is Liberty Bankers Standard.

All the other companies mentioned won't take Harvoni within 2 years. (I know Harvoni is not technically on Equitables drug list, but experience trying tells me they are not a good bet if the Harvoni shows up.)

After 3 years kskj will take it select if anyone is making a list.

Hep C is at epidemic levels among people 50-70. Most don't know they have it because it can be dormant for up to 30 years before detectable but now that doctors know, our people are getting tested regularly. Knowing what to do with Hep C, especially if you work an area with a lot of Vietnam Vets, is very important and will only become more important over the next several years.

Last edited:
Back