Hepatitis C Coverage??

BillyC

Expert
Is there any MED sup company that will accept someone with hepatitis C?

I have a T65 appt with this lady who's husband is paying too much on his plan F but is currently being treated for hepatitis C

the only exception is the company has to beat $150/month premium for plan F.

Our appt is this Thursday. This is my first appointment as an independent agent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a quoting tool. the First 5 companies on my list beat that price.
non-smoker.

not sure on weight.

Great.

Are you appointed with those carriers? Do you have their applications? Underwriting guide?

On the App it Reads:
"At any time have you been medically diagnosed with, treated for, or had surgery for any of the following:
H.) Chronic Hepatitis or cirrhosis?"

is hepatitis C considered chronic? or would I have to ask the prospect?

On the App it Reads:
"At any time have you been medically diagnosed with, treated for, or had surgery for any of the following:
H.) Chronic Hepatitis or cirrhosis?"

is hepatitis C considered chronic? or would I have to ask the prospect?

Yes it's Chronic. Cigna's Substandard is probably the only one he can get. It's probably more than he's already paying.

Thank you so much for your time . I would have probably submitted the app and get a decline.

I have a quoting tool. the First 5 companies on my list beat that price.
non-smoker.

not sure on weight.

Since he can't get coverage with most any other carrier due to Hep C, I'd say he's not paying too much for his Med Supp.

Hey don't feel bad, When you think its a maybe then submit anyway. It is all part of the learning curve,You can lean without making some mistakes. Keep at it and learn all you can about the differences in underwriting between companies.

A good site to lean from is medicareagenttraining.com, I use that site to look over the underwriting questions for each company & when I still don't know with an odd case, then this forum is very helpful.

Last edited:
Back