Here is a New Way to Sell

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Talked with a guy earlier this week that bought Mutual of Omaha plan G. Their rates don't increase for 3 years.

His coverage doesn't start until July so I figured I would see if I could hook him.

"Are you aware of the Omaha rate increases and how they use different carriers?"

Oh I did plenty of research and they keep coming up the best. I even asked about rate increases. The guy showed me a rate chart and said my rates won't go up for 3 years.

"Really? Yes, they do charge the same initial rate for people age 65, 66 or 67 but that doesn't mean YOUR rates are locked in for 3 years".

I think you are wrong about that. I saw the rates. They don't go up until I am 68.

Next!

Talked with a guy earlier this week that bought Mutual of Omaha plan G. Their rates don't increase for 3 years.

His coverage doesn't start until July so I figured I would see if I could hook him.

"Are you aware of the Omaha rate increases and how they use different carriers?"

Oh I did plenty of research and they keep coming up the best. I even asked about rate increases. The guy showed me a rate chart and said my rates won't go up for 3 years.

"Really? Yes, they do charge the same initial rate for people age 65, 66 or 67 but that doesn't mean YOUR rates are locked in for 3 years".

I think you are wrong about that. I saw the rates. They don't go up until I am 68.

Next!

By any chance, was his last name Gump?:laugh:

My favorite medicare sales technique I learned while running an appointment to a lady who was clearly confused. Someone claimed they were from the Dept of Aging and had her sign an app to "prove she stopped by". Hell of a close.

Talked with a guy earlier this week that bought Mutual of Omaha plan G. Their rates don't increase for 3 years. His coverage doesn't start until July so I figured I would see if I could hook him. "Are you aware of the Omaha rate increases and how they use different carriers?" Oh I did plenty of research and they keep coming up the best. I even asked about rate increases. The guy showed me a rate chart and said my rates won't go up for 3 years. "Really? Yes, they do charge the same initial rate for people age 65, 66 or 67 but that doesn't mean YOUR rates are locked in for 3 years". I think you are wrong about that. I saw the rates. They don't go up until I am 68. Next!

More than likely the agent believed that too.

Next!

Just show them the prior 2-3 years of rate sheets from OIC.

Scott, the horse was out of the barn and I didn't want to fight stupidity. When I mentioned they do not have a 3 year rate guarantee and he insisted I was wrong because he saw it with his own eyes, I figured it was time to find a brighter prospect.

Scott, the horse was out of the barn and I didn't want to fight stupidity. When I mentioned they do not have a 3 year rate guarantee and he insisted I was wrong because he saw it with his own eyes, I figured it was time to find a brighter prospect.

Hang onto his email and send him a message in about 11 months and ask him if his rate stayed the same.

Back