Here is a possible source for free phone lists

I use referenceusa.com all the time. I use it from home. The way I use it is by split screen. I bring up referenceusa, then I bring up my CRM, and I toggle back and forth. That way, I don't need to download files.

Why make things harder than they have to be.

The same goes for Businesswise.

Did I mention I don't believe in paying for leads. With leads, you, and 2,000 of your closest competition is calling at the same time. With ReferenceUSA and BusinessWise, you are not among a throng (thank you dictionary.com) of callers. You get more of decision makers' time, and more honest answers.

I've been happily married for 18 years, and I've been in the Insurance industry for 10. Throughout that time, I've learned there are two things I don't need to pay for. One of them is leads.

I like that everyone's touting generating their own leads. That's definitely the way to make it in the business. I really don't care where you get your list - just get a list of small biz owner and start calling. If you don't want to call yourself then farm it out to telemarketers. Internet leads aren't your target market - which is the self-employed. Internet leads are "Jim - age 26" and "Becky age 36 and two kids." Neither of them have money and you're fighting over a $100 a month premium that will lapse in a few months.

There are obviously some solid family leads - husband and wife both smart with money in their 40's with kids and they're actually buyers. It's also like throwing a piece of raw steak into a cage of 5 hungy lions.

CRM is Customer Relations Management programs. ACT and Goldmine are the two most widely known.

I use www.freecrm.com and have been for the past 18 months. Never had any down time. I create my own scripts, use the calendar for follow up calls, and can use it anywhere I go.

I know several agents in UandIWin who are using reference USA in lieu of paying for salesgenie and they are happy. I have tried the sales genie demo and like it but can't justify the monthly cost when yellow pages online is almost as good.
Jen

Whatever reference you use it needs to be tweaked to conctact small business owners - under 10 employees. If you spend a lot of time just calling any business out of a book you'll be hitting a lot of mid-sized companies. If you're only selling individual health, calling a company with 30 employees is all but a waste of time. Just get your hands on any business list of 10 and under employees.

Jenananda said:
I know several agents in UandIWin who are using reference USA in lieu of paying for salesgenie and they are happy. I have tried the sales genie demo and like it but can't justify the monthly cost when yellow pages online is almost as good.
Jen

are you telling me that UandIWin does not give you leads.....what kind of commission are they giving you.....

One issue I found with ReferenceUSA is that on a lot of their records they don't have a contact person listed. I've not found that problem with GoLeads.

(Oh, and STI, I really like your new avatar. The 2-leg horse sort of creeped me out.)

Al

Back