Here's my Break Up Email To Client..Too Much?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
FROM CLIENT---I received three letters from DMV suspending registration effective November. It will cost me$588 per vehicle if I pay the civil penalty in lieu of suspension. I will be calling you Monday morning to see if there is anythin you can do to help. Working with your agency has been difficult and rather painful this past of year.

MY RESPONSE --This has been building & the realtor that referred him has had nothing but problems w/ him as well so I got clearance to serve his b*tch @$$. The guy is clearly sick in the head & a complete bully (trust me.)

Hello XXXXXX,

I will first start by inviting you to personally visit my office to discuss the matter that I'm going to explain in detail below. If you take me up on my invitation, I'll advise against taking the tone of voice you adopted on your voicemail. When you were referred to my agency, I should have realized you would be the problem you've turned out to be. You purchased a new home cash w/ inheritance money & didn't have the competence to secure homeowner's insurance on that home. I got an exception with one of my carriers to issue coverage in lieu of the lapse. Over the rest of the year, you have perpetually failed to pay your insurance on both the home & the auto. At this point, I urge you to pursue coverage elsewhere as I'm not interested in your business. You have continuously pointed the finger, blamed my agency & blamed your carriers, when in reality you appear to be (what I can only describe) as financially illiterate. You've also suggested that you will give "poor reviews" of "this company." I want to make something very clear here (because I'm not sure if you're referencing my independent agency OR your insurance carriers..albeit at this point it's clear you're not even competent enough to distinguish the difference.) I have kept record of every email & every interaction with you. Starting in June when you essentially berated XXXX at my office, I made it mandatory that all your calls be recorded (which they have been & you've been given full disclosure on that each time you've called.) If you attempt to slander or libel my agency, I will file suit against you immediately. I'm confident you're not even familiar w/ what those terms are, so I suggest you google them. I have kept detailed records on your interactions w/ our agency from every email to every call since June. I've done this, because in my experience I've learned how to manage people such as yourself.

HOME INSURANCE

January 27th - You were referred to our agency because you purchased a new home & didn't secure homeowner's insurance coverage on your home for almost 2 weeks after closing. Despite the fact this makes you ineligible for coverage w/almost all companies, we got an exception w/ one of our carriers to provide coverage for you. We turned this request around on the same day & provided you w/ a certificate of insurance.

February 28th - There had been a series of non payments on the homeowner's insurance policy #xxxxxx resulting in cancellation notices being sent out to you. As a courtesy & because we monitor our clients accounts, we called you to make sure you knew the status of your policy. You mentioned you weren't getting the mail because you hadn't yet moved into the home.

May 1st - Policy #xxxxxx again cancelled for non payment. We got notification from the insurance company & immediately issued another policy to make sure you were covered. The new policy #xxxxx has had a series of pending cancellations for non payment, however you've made payments in time to keep it active.

June 1st - You sent a check to our office made payable to Safeco Insurance (your car insurance company..) in the amount that was due for your homeowner's insurance through Travelers. We called you up to point out the error & at that time you provided a credit card to process payment so the policy didn't again cancel for non pay.

AUTO INSURANCE

January 27th - Issued coverage w/ Safeco & setup automatic payments w/ the credit card you provided.

March 5th - Your credit card for your regular scheduled payment was declined, so a cancellation notice for non payment of premium was sent to you w/ a pending cancellation date of March 30th.

March 30th - Policy cancelled for non pay & a notice was sent to you.

April 20th - We petitioned Safeco to reinstate your policy even though it had been cancelled for almost 1 month. Because we have a great relationship w/ Safeco (like we do w/ Travelers which is how we were able to issue coverage when you didn't have prior insurance for almost 2 weeks on your home..) we got them to allow a reinstate of your policy. We emailed you a receipt for your payment.

April 22nd - Because your insurance lapsed, the DMV sent you a letter asking for proof of coverage. As soon as you notified us of this, we sent them documentation that same day confirming your coverage & included you on the email for your reference.

July 6th - Again, your credit card was declined & you were emailed about the pending cancellation.

August 1st - Policy again cancelled for non pay & notice was sent to you.

August 25th - You needed a copy of your homeowner's insurance for a refinance. As a standard practice we briefly reviewed your auto insurance & identified that it had again cancelled on 8/1/2015 for non payment. We, again, petitioned Safeco to reinstate your policy which they did effective 8/26/2015. We confirmed via email & suggested that you consider using routing/account numbers instead of a credit card to avoid the recurring issues you've experienced.

Last edited:
Already sent.

Todd02? Because I'm an indy & I can get rid of *** clients without having to worry about repercussions from my captive carrier. And don't suggest for a second that you don't have to think twice before throwing clients out because of how it may look to Farmers.

This client was verbally abusive to my CSR & disrespected me on 1 too many occasions. Not only am I still in business, but I'll finish this year w/ the most production I've ever done to date.

Todd...Really here? I mean...really?

I'm with Empty. Don't send that as it will only cause problems. If hjs SafeCo is lapsed, dont accept payment and have him go elsewhere. Or require him to pay full premium before reinstating.

Already sent.

Todd02? Because I'm an indy & I can get rid of *** clients without having to worry about repercussions from my captive carrier. And don't suggest for a second that you don't have to think twice before throwing clients out because of how it may look to Farmers.

This client was verbally abusive to my CSR & disrespected me on 1 too many occasions. Not only am I still in business, but I'll finish this year w/ the most production I've ever done to date.

Todd...Really here? I mean...really?

I think it's awesome.

Dont send it atm. Give your self some time to reflect if sending the email would do you any good. I can feel your frustrations. But maybe, next week you wont hear anything from that guy.

Last edited:
ahhhh I had some time to cool off (and I knew this in the moment...) but I probably shouldn't have sent that. At the end of the day, if he leaves I lose money. He's a loser, I make 10x what he does & I should have not given a crap.

Ahhhhhhh I just can't help it when people are such @$$holes

It was a tad bit over the top. But you certainly put him in his place.

I would of added that "my clients who pay their bills on time each month don't have billing issues and don't get suspension letters".

In the last 2 months I have let 22 customers go. They went into cancellation and I never called them not once, they were non-renewed, never re-quoted them and if they cancelled for non pay I ignored them. It was the same people every month never paid, ignored my phone calls until the cops pulled them over, abusive and making threats, running up claims. They were making me hate my job and wasting my time.

Your secretary or assistant will thank you for losing this guy because I am sure they took a lot of abuse from him.

Great therapeutically to write. Not great professionally to send. No upside, tons of potential downside. Good luck either way.

Back