Hey Aflac where is my product training ?

newguyNY

Here is my story:

I started with Aflac back in the beginning of Sept. I went to sales school and learned how Aflac prospects for business. During this week long training week, I was told the District sales coordinator (DSC) would finish with product training.
I handed my completed Associate Agreement to the DSC the last week in August. It took Aflac until the third week in Sept to issue my writing number. Then I was blocked a few days later from writing business because of another paperwork issue. I have still have not gotten an answer about my status:skeptical:.
When I asked about product training, I was told repeatedly to focus on getting appointment even though I did not have a writing number. I asked the dsc repeatedly for product training and was told : he's to busy with enrollment for 2 weeks, family issues the next week:goofy:. I was also told to use the website to educate myself about the products. The website was not accessible from my house and the Aflac office:1confused:.
I can't and will not try to sell products (which people buy for peace of mind) if I have not product knowledge:no:. It defeats the whole purpose of what I stand for. I understand that most things in life require work which does not scare me. I like the challenge
Here's my questions:
#1-I know some people that are doing very well with Aflac and hear other horror stories. Do I ask to be place with a different DSC or am I wasting my time?
#2 What would be the best ins. company to work for that gives the best product training?
Thanks for your help and have a great day:biggrin:

If I were you I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. I was in your shoes for 2 years and now I have added a lot of products to help me make a living.

I was power weeks in Sept so the DSC was preocupied with getting FAME.

Learn what you can from aflac but look for other products that may get you in the door. You are going to find there are a lot of AFLAC agents out there trying to do what your doing.

Start you own agency and go out and prospect with NewGuy NY agency and you will find that no one has went in there from that company before.

PM me if you want to talk about AFLAC I still offer it when it meets my clients needs but I have other products that I can offer to my clients when the need arises.

Likely your "District Sales Coordinator" is 24, been with the company 2 weeks longer than you and is waiting on his next check so he can change the donut on his car.

You might want to get in contact with the "Regional Manager of the Western Hemisphere" who has been with the company 3 months.

A friend of mine has a DSC just like yours, maybe it's even the same person since it's in NY. Are you upstate or downstate? If you're working the same market most of the guys I know are then you've got your work cut out for you. Aside from a lack of product training, there's a lack of sales training. New York being that state that it is you're probably better off looking at other lines or woking with someone that will train you how to market effectively. Aflac usually does the same thing, recruit as many agents as can fog a mirror, "train them" to go knock on doors cold, the manager goes with you when you actually get a lead and "helps" you close it. Then manager takes a cut for helping you and at the end of the day what's really happened is the so-called managers are using agents as birddogs to shake the bushes knowing full well that the agents they are recruiting will never make it full-time. It's understandable that most agents wont succeed in this business, but with that model the chances of success tend to go from low to non-existent.

LOL
Great post
The problem with these companies is they burn through so many people. No one knows what the hell they are doing.

From a broker standpoint I can not get any support from either Colonial or Aflac. Everyone is to worried about writing their next deal rather than giving good customer service to clients.

Check out Unum.
They have come up with products to compete in the supplemental area. The plat form they are using is unique and is much much easier to admin for a controller.

ABC what state are you located in? I may be able to help with the Colonial issue as I have a lot of contacts. Trust me when I say they want their brokers to be happy.

Back