Hey Aflac where is my product training ?

Yeah it is incredibly different. My husband is starting with AFLAC and I have thought to partner with him and carry health to complement. Just really looking for information on how that could work.

Your husband is going to have an easier time sending you referrals than you will sending him any. Most business owners will run him out of their office as soon as he mentions AFLAC. Many at least might be willing to listen to you with NYL. Most business owners won't want to talk to either of you, period. But NYL generally hasn't burned out and over saturated the market like AFLAC has.

My suggestion, for the first few years forget your husband even exists unless the person specifically asks you about AFLAC or voluntary benefits.

Once you open a company, other agents will stop by and harass them. All agents know nothing about what groups are signed up. I tell them to throw all AFLAC agents out the door. Some agents will lie to the owner and say you quit.

I've read the most recent posts bashing Aflac and its agents with a great deal of amusement and disbelief. The most obnoxious statement must have been where most employers would toss Aflac agents out on their ear. I guess I must have been visiting all those OTHER employers...the ones with professional courtesy and business acumen, who recognized the established value of the products and welcomed both Aflac and myself into their companies... I've been around a very long time in the industry, and have yet to come across the negative attitudes and environments described in earlier posts. It's such a shame to read such incredibly negative comments (and poor grammar/spelling, I might add...).

Wow! Thats funny Tesera, keep sipping on the koolaid.

I've read the most recent posts bashing Aflac and its agents with a great deal of amusement and disbelief. The most obnoxious statement must have been where most employers would toss Aflac agents out on their ear. I guess I must have been visiting all those OTHER employers...the ones with professional courtesy and business acumen, who recognized the established value of the products and welcomed both Aflac and myself into their companies... I've been around a very long time in the industry, and have yet to come across the negative attitudes and environments described in earlier posts. It's such a shame to read such incredibly negative comments (and poor grammar/spelling, I might add...).

Tesera?

Let's see if you feel that way in a year. Now I have no problem with AFLAC in general, but they do turn over a ton of agents or do you disagree with that?

I know this is rude sounding, and I'll apologize upfront. Quit waiting on someone else to jumpstart your career by doing nothing while you are waiting on THEM to get you YOUR product knowledge. Go get your own freakin product knowledge!!! If you search hard enough you will find it.

This career is not about what somebody can do for you, it's about what YOU can do for YOU....

I had help from people on this forum just like what you are looking for from AFLAC, but YOU need to improve YOU, your teachers aren't going to come where you live and sell the freakin stuff for you. Your managers couldn't care less about YOU.

IF YOU ARE WAITING ON SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR YOU, GET OUT OF THIS BUSINESS!!!! AND GO AS FAST AS A YOU CAN..

My AFLAC product training was actually reading all of the brochures word for word and be able to explain what they are saying. Then getting a copy of the applications. It is not much tougher than that.

A friend of mine started selling for yellow book, a florist contract salesman, later he went to work as a real estate agent and did very well, made tons of money, the real estate company went bankrupt, his back was against the wall, his brother in law who worked for AFLAC got him on with them, he started out selling LTC, worked door to door and made 18,000 his first year, got into group sales the next year, made 40,000 and kept working his way up, became a regional manager, had lots of folks under him, he told me his best year was 330,000, he got me on board and I sold a little, was not enthusiastic about it ( I don't know why ) some places I went in would tell me the last AFLAC salesman left about 15 minutes ago ha ha, I handled a claim that AFLAC just refused to pay, I worked a while on it and got them to release a little money to him, got a letter from an AFLAC attorney that said I owed AFLAC $14.00 and if I didn't pay it, they would take legal action against me ( geez, I didn't know I even owed it. ) Well, I just kicked them to the curb and went out on my own ( by the seat of my pants ) I started selling Med Supps and knew I had found my calling, I like senior products for some reason. Well, to tell you the truth, I hate selling in a structured environment where they keep quotas and have tally boards with each reps total sales for the month, have pep rallies, sales meetings, wear suits and ties etc. and they know more about my business than I do. I guess I'm just an independent person and thats why I'm an independent agent. Just let someone call me and ask what my total sales are for the month and I'll tell them to kiss my rusty arse. :)

Back