Hey! All Securities Guys! What's The Deal?

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
For the past few months, I've had no less than 6 Securities Licensed Agents approach me, asking how they could enter the Medicare (and Medicare Advantage) market.

These are guys who work in the REIT's and Trusts market. They have clients who are worth Millions, with an "M"! What's the deal?

:huh:

For the past few months, I've had no less than 6 Securities Licensed Agents approach me, asking how they could enter the Medicare (and Medicare Advantage) market.

These are guys who work in the REIT's and Trusts market. They have clients who are worth Millions, with an "M"! What's the deal?

:huh:

Regulations.........................

They're not doing well. They should be making tons of money dealing with millionaires while doing Medicare policies are $400 to $500 commissions per case.

That's what is so perplexing!

Go into Real Estate, or Miracle Water!

Just because you're serving "millionaires" does not mean that you're making a fortune, or that it's easy money.

Some of the most demanding people... are millionaires who make sure that you KNOW how much they are worth to you. I know I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

Attachments

• Are you pursuing the wrong market - Ed Morrow.pdf
    167.4 KB · Views: 20
Just because you're serving "millionaires" does not mean that you're making a fortune, or that it's easy money.

Some of the most demanding people... are millionaires who make sure that you KNOW how much they are worth to you. I know I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

Yeah, but these are guys who have been in it for decades.

Yeah, but these are guys who have been in it for decades.

You specifically mentioned REIT's. There are so many REIT's that are bad. And the investor has to meet certain guidelines to invest in a REIT. I picked up a client who had some money invested in a REIT. The initial investment was $100k. A few years ago they froze the asset not allowing them to liquidate. As of August 2015 they could liquidate which they chose to do for a total of just over $32,000. That's a $68% loss. Not easy to sell that kind of investment.

Reps who focus on REIT's might be having a tough time due to past market conditions. And as DHK mentioned, just because securities reps may deal with wealthy people (many securities reps deal with your average person and not wealthy people), does not mean the securities person is successful. They crash and burn just like insurance agents do.

Take the person who puts $5k into an IRA. The advisor might make $200 on that. Add the regulation involved and additional costs of having a securities license (between E&O, securities registration and B/D fees, I easily pay over $3k per year), and insurance is just easier.

Back