Hey from San Diego...

Ahnuld

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey from San Diego.

San Diego is best known for sun, sand, surf, and a laid back lifestyle. I plead guilty on all counts.

Regrettably, San Diego is known for the bridesmaids-but-never-the-bride Chargers and Padres (the Clippers couldn’t get out of San Diego fast enough years ago. But the curse continues to follow them, too - no NBA Championship rings for them).

I’ve been in the L&H business for over 25 years. Never a captive, I’ve worked for agencies, as an independent agent, marketing consultant to a TPA, and presently rep for an independent IMO consortium.

I have the requisite wife, kids, dog, house and an automatic sprinkler system that makes my family proud and is the admiration of my friends and neighbors.

I look forward to participating and exchanging ideas with the forum members.

Welcome, it's a goal for me to move back to San Diego. Lived in Mission Hills for 6 years and not sure why I left. Oh I remember, I surfed everyday and couldn't pull out of the laid back rut.

JRoot,

You should have been here three weeks ago: nine wave sets, 8 - 12 ft well-shaped breaking left and right from Imperial Beach all up the coast to Oceanside Pier. Even small set riders could crank on a few of these bad boys without eating the bottom. And they were breaking for most of the week.
Swami's was unreal, some 18's were reported.

Cowabunga, dude.
:cool:

San Diego kicks some major butt. Out of all the cities I enjoyed visiting that place the most when I lived in Cali. I've actually been thinking about moving back, but I have my sites on Phoenix and Houston as well, so things are still up in the air.

JRoot,

You should have been here three weeks ago: nine wave sets, 8 - 12 ft well-shaped breaking left and right from Imperial Beach all up the coast to Oceanside Pier. Even small set riders could crank on a few of these bad boys without eating the bottom. And they were breaking for most of the week.
Swami's was unreal, some 18's were reported.

Cowabunga, dude.
:cool:

Man, I can only imagine Big Rock, Horseshoes, Swamis, Seaside and Cardiff just pumping. I need to get back in the water.

Nice imagination. Don't forget to imagine putting on a wetsuit. Water's been 55 to 57. Brrrr.

Side note: I always like to see the surprise on the faces of visitors who have never jumped into the SoCal Pacific. They are expecting 80 degree water like Florida. Even in the summer the can't believe that we think 68 degrees is warm.

Back