Hey there Everyone - Newbie in MASS

Becky3770

:cool:I must admit I've been eyeing this site for a few weeks now. I have already avoided a few close calls - I was soo excited about an Aflac interview scheduled tomorrow, but after reading some of your posts, I have since cancelled!

My situation is that of a career changer. I have managed a multi-site chiropractic rehabilitation office for the past 14 years, and was recently laid off. I am great with people and enjoy helping others, so I figured with my history and trainability, why not go into insurance.

I am ready to work hard and have no fear of sales. I do however hate wasting my time wading through cattle call 'group interviews'. Who thinks that if they have new agent interviews weekly, and gloss past my agent retention questions, I gonna jump in? Ans=Everywhere I've been to so far! Help - there has to be a better way!

The even more recent trouble is this; I have been approached by a few companies, via Monster and CareerBuilder, but when I check them out in this site, I can only respectfully decline the interview. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? Should I get my series 63+65 (I'm in Mass) first? Where should I start? Captive? Can you go right to independant?

Really any pointers from your vast experiences would be wonderful!

Thank You All, in advance, for the advice I've already read on others posts!

Becky

Becky:

Welcome to the forum. Keep on a reading and you will learn a lot.
I went captive first, for the training and the advertising. But no longer. I have went independent and that is the best thing I could have ever done.

Best of luck to you.:goofy:

Becky:

Welcome to the forum. Keep on a reading and you will learn a lot.
I went captive first, for the training and the advertising. But no longer. I have went independent and that is the best thing I could have ever done.

Best of luck to you.:goofy:

Ditto. This is a hard business to learn without good training or a good mentor. But you probably won't reach your potential if you remain a captive agent.

Back