Hey Was Wondering is It Possible to Be an Agent for More then One Insurance Company?

First, as Newby said, most independent agents are appointed with many carriers. The secret is finding a brokerage general agency and that can be difficult. I have one in mind if you would like to send me an email I will share them with you. Just as important as the contracts and BGA (some call them IMO's -- Independent Marketing Organizations) is training. Who will be doing that for you? Do you have a mentor? If not, I would urge you to join your local NAIFA (www dot naifa dot org). At the very least, you will meet other successful agents that can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Like David said, if you can find a good IMO, you can usually go to them and they will search out the top 3 rates for you on a life quote, annuity quote, etc. That's what mine does...

Like David said, if you can find a good IMO, you can usually go to them and they will search out the top 3 rates for you on a life quote, annuity quote, etc. That's what mine does...

...and help with contracting with carriers. Be sure to do some research before signing with anyone. There's all kinds of things to consider. Commissions, training, ability to be released if you want just to name a few.

Back