HHS to Congress on ObamaCare Court Ruling: It’s Your Problem

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Burwell made clear that the administration is not offering an alternative plan at this point, and instead wants Congress and the states to work it out.

Fox News

Passing the buck on a failed policy of the pres to the congress...

In truth, just because this piece of crap has O's name on it neither O nor the Republicans had anything to do with it.

Dim's drafted it, cut the deals to buy votes and passed it.

Many of those with stained fingers are no longer in Congress having either been kicked out by voters, choosing to retire or died.

What a shame.

Of course if Congress can't come up with something Obamacrap dies much quicker than anticipated.

The truth is, Congress owns it.

My guess is, they will send the President a 2 sentence fix, not the 1 sentence fix he wants.

1. Subsidies are available even in federally established exchanges.
2. Individual and corporate mandates are hereby waived.

With the exception of beancounters and insurance carriers who know better, this would make most people happy.

The president will be forced to veto it (and he should). Rather than have that happen, the Dems will block it in the Senate.

It will then have to become much larger then the 2 sentences, but would allow some other fixes, such as the family glitch, to be looked at. Once this is open, the whole thing is open for debate. It will never get fixed.

Dan

Totally agree. What I find funny is that a Repub controlled house and senate are being told by HHS that they need to fix what the Dems in the end screwed up in the first place.

The Democrats are putting Republicans in a corner by calling on them to fix it, if millions of poor & middle class citizens lose their subsidies, therefore losing their insurance.

However, all the Republicans have to do is issue a TEMPORARY extension of the subsidies, with an end date, such as 12/31/2015.

And, then they must come up with a plan.

It's the "come up with a plan" problem that really has Republicans stymied!

Just a quick question....if the SCOTUS states that APTC's are not legal....can there be a temp extension?

Its not just come up with a plan, but its come up with a plan that can get signed into law and work. If it was easy, it would have happened already.

The president has vowed to veto an extension, I believe. He wants it as a permanent one line fix.

The republicans want to punt to the other side of the presidential election since the plan, that I assume they have, won't pass muster with the current president.

Mixing politics with handouts (or worse, the taking away of handouts) almost never works well for the taxpayer.

Dan

The truth is, Congress owns it.

My guess is, they will send the President a 2 sentence fix, not the 1 sentence fix he wants.

1. Subsidies are available even in federally established exchanges.
2. Individual and corporate mandates are hereby waived.

With the exception of beancounters and insurance carriers who know better, this would make most people happy.

The president will be forced to veto it (and he should). Rather than have that happen, the Dems will block it in the Senate.

It will then have to become much larger then the 2 sentences, but would allow some other fixes, such as the family glitch, to be looked at. Once this is open, the whole thing is open for debate. It will never get fixed.

Dan
Old enough to remember debates about Medicare b"it's really just a self paying senior coop program seniors will pay for it with their part b premiums" HA HA or part c"private enterprise will save medicare huge $$$ with PRIVATE PLANS" Or recently part d will be solvent someday"HA HA SAME OLD SAME OLD what a mess.
Here is an unoriginal idea from the late and great Congressman Gibbons from Tampa 1975 asked President Ford to sign Executive order to extend the the Medicare Part A buy in provision for senior green card residents to all ages and all citizen and resident classes. Base premiums of the last year of reported income. Always thought that might be the imperfect ticket. I know another pipe dream post.

Back