Hi from San Francisco

ArsiaMons

Hello - another health/life agent here to learn and network - have already gleaned a lot from the site, figured I would say hi! :v_SPIN:

Actually I read the San Fran amended the ordinance:

"Effective March 10th 2008

A new amendments had been added to the employer ordinance. Effective March 10th any business employing 20 more more employees must pay for their car and mortgage and or renters insurance as well as provide $46.75 per week for food shopping expenses."

But you won't get any REAL answers.

Rick

Maybe not, but he or she will get someone who will make the effort... which is not something you would do.

People do business with those they like and whom they feel care for them, not necessarily those they think are the "best." Those of you (not just Rick) who exhibit anti-social and mean-spirited attitudes here in this community... would YOU want to do business with you?

Al

Come on, Al, you know it is affected!:policeman:

You are probably right, but common usage would indicate otherwise. Following is from the dictionary built into the Mac.

affected |əˈfektid|
adjective
1 influenced or touched by an external factor : apply moist heat to the affected area.
2 artificial, pretentious, and designed to impress : the gesture appeared both affected and stagy.
3 [ predic. ] archaic disposed or inclined in a specified way : you might become differently affected toward him.

effect |iˈfekt|
verb [ trans. ] (often be effected)
cause (something) to happen; bring about : nature always effected a cure | budget cuts that were quietly effected over four years.

Both affect and effect are both verbs and nouns, but only effect is common as a noun, usually meaning 'a result, consequence, impression, etc.':: my father’s warnings had no effect on my adventurousness. (The noun affect is restricted almost entirely to psychology.)

As verbs, they are both familiar, but often confused. Affect means 'to produce an effect upon':: what you eat can affect your mood. The verb affect, except when used in contexts involving feelings, often serves as a vague substitute for more exact verbs and should therefore be used sparingly. Effect means 'to bring about': | the negotiators effected an agreement despite many difficulties.

Back