Hi Health F/Hearing Aids

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
Here's the situation:

Got a Medicare Beneficiary who is on Humana MAPD - hates it! He does not medically qualify for a Med Supp, so that's out of the question. Age: 83

He has moderate to severe hearing loss, and his daughter has checked out what AARP has (he is a member of AARP).

I looked up and found that UHC/AARP has a MAPD in his area with a new Hearing Aid benefit. For outside-the-ear hearing aids, it is $430 approx. His hearing aid through AARP is $20 per month using Care Credit - which I know nothing about.

After some research, I found that Hi Health Innovations, a division of United Health Group, is the provider of the $430 hearing aid. As far as quality goes, how does Hi Health match up to AARP - whoever they are using?

I looked up and found that UHC/AARP has a MAPD in his area with a new Hearing Aid benefit. For outside-the-ear hearing aids, it is $430 approx. His hearing aid through AARP is $20 per month using Care Credit - which I know nothing about.

CareCredit is just a credit card. They work with vets, dentists, audiologists, etc and offer payment plans.

Hi Health Innovations had a online hearing test which I think was kabashed by the FDA. Then you got the aids online as well.
My Seniors tell me you can't beat Costco for price, quality and follow up service (fittings, adjustments, etc.) I'm sure they probably have a payment plan as well.

I am UHC captive here in Iowa and I have had several clients who purchased the hearing aids through Hi-Health Innovations. The deal is that you get your hearing tested independently and then send Hi-Health the results and they build you the hearing aids. They mail them to you and you have to get on the phone with them and work out any fitting problems. I've heard that Hi-Health has offices in some of the major cities where you can personally go in and work out the fitting issues, so if you live close to one of those that could work out for you. I have heard they are mechanically sound devices and you do save a ton of $$ if you can work out any fitting issues.....

Back