Hi, I'm new here but not new to the business

NC Fiduciary

Good Afternoon!

I'm an independent agent in North Carolina. I've been in the industry for 12 years, and deal mostly in Personal and Commercial P&C. My agency writes life, health, P & C, Med Supp, Long Term Care, etc. There's very little business that we don't write or have a market for, with the exception of crop insurance. We have appointments with some wonderful carriers, and I'd like to find some better means of producing...given that I have all of the tools to be a successful agent. If I get the opportunity to quote business, it's highly probable that I will write the account based off of premium alone on the personal lines side of the business. On the commercial side, it depends on what the risk I'm quoting. We have a niche for small to medium sized businesses, particularly Auto Body Shops, Machine Shops, Restaurants, and Car/ATV Dealerships.

I'm here to gain some insight as to how other agents operate, what they find to be successful, and what strategies have not worked so well for them. I hope that I can contribute as much as I can learn. Thanks!

Back