High Deductible F- 2020

steve3752

Expert
I know the regular Plan F is scheduled to be eliminated for new sales in 2020.

I thought I was at a seminar a couple of months ago where it was stated this applied to the High Deductible F also.

I want to make sure I am giving the right information.

When I searched for this on the internet, I did not find an answer.

Was I mistaken in the belief that High deductible F is also gone like reg Plan F for new sales in 2020?

Thanks

I have read numerous articles--they say it APPEARS the Plan F will go away---but no carrier has said so that I have heard.

Anyone know any better?

I know the regular Plan F is scheduled to be eliminated for new sales in 2020.

I thought I was at a seminar a couple of months ago where it was stated this applied to the High Deductible F also.

I want to make sure I am giving the right information.

When I searched for this on the internet, I did not find an answer.

Was I mistaken in the belief that High deductible F is also gone like reg Plan F for new sales in 2020?

Thanks

You mean you're not sure you were there? My memory's getting bad....but not that bad........yet.:twitchy:

Yes, if they follow through with the elimination of Plan F it will include the HDF too.

You mean you're not sure you were there? My memory's getting bad....but not that bad........yet.:twitchy:

Yes, if they follow through with the elimination of Plan F it will include the HDF too.

Plan F is not going to be eliminated, however, MB's who are eligible for Medicare A/B on 1/1/2020 or after will not be able to purchase plan F. Any MB who was eligible for Medicare A/B prior to 1/1/2020 will continue to be able to purchase Plan F after 2020. Of course, any in force Plan F's will remain in force, too, as long as premiums are paid, etc.

My understanding is that High Deductible F will remain. Not sure if they are going to rename it or continue calling it High F, but the restrictions on purchasing Plan F was really centered around the "first dollar coverage" feature of Plan F and High F is clearly not first dollar!!

Plan F is not going to be eliminated, however, MB's who are eligible for Medicare A/B on 1/1/2020 or after will not be able to purchase plan F. Any MB who was eligible for Medicare A/B prior to 1/1/2020 will continue to be able to purchase Plan F after 2020. Of course, any in force Plan F's will remain in force, too, as long as premiums are paid, etc.

My understanding is that High Deductible F will remain. Not sure if they are going to rename it or continue calling it High F, but the restrictions on purchasing Plan F was really centered around the "first dollar coverage" feature of Plan F and High F is clearly not first dollar!!

I knew that anyone with an F would be able to keep it...mentioned that in another thread. I understood that F wouldn't be available for sale as of 1/1/2020. Everything I've been reading has sounded like HDF would go with F, though it wouldn't make any sense because as you say this is about eliminating 1st dollar coverage.

UHC announced that they are working on creating a high deductible plan G since both regular plan F and high F will no longer be available to new beneficiaries after 1/1/2020.

On the same call they announced above, they said plan K was the #3 selling plan behind F and N, I wonder if that will be sold more since there are less options and plan G may see some rate fluctuation being it is proposed to go GI on certain situations.

NAIC is still working out the details. Because the bill was written without considering HD-F, the easier way to comply is replace HD-F with HD-G. Here is a response to one NAIC proposal that would create HD-G: http://www.naic.org/documents/committees_b_medigap_sg_151214_ahip_comments.pdf

Here is a *draft* 2020 benefit chart based on one proposed model: http://www.naic.org/documents/commi..._exposure_medigap_plans_sold_after_200101.pdf

Good info. That's the 1st time I've seen the "proposed" chart.

The high deductible F plan still has a lower deductible than my personal insurance. Which, makes it seem good to me! However I wish I could get A&B and a plan G. Only 35 more years to go

Back