High Deductible MAPD with Highmark??

Jessica Durphy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Kentucky
Guys, I was looking over the different plans for Highmark's MAPD... FreedomBlue PPO (ONLY).. but they have it divided into different plans, such as the HD, Select, Classic, and Platinum! Obviously you know the better the plan, less the co-pays, but higher the premium. I got really confused on this one... the Select plan is $51.00 in my area... the HD is $0.00 a month with a $1000 deductible. Now if I do my math right, that's about $600.00 a year for the Select, but the deductibles are in every way more expensive, ($5.00-$15.00) there's no coverage for dental cleanings, etc. Why would someone want to pay $51.00 a month, pay higher co-pays, and have no dental? Is it better to sell the High deductible? I've personally never sold one, due to it not being available in my area..and have heard NO GOOD things about them, so I just need your opinions. WHAT WOULD YA'LL DO? (I know a lot of you can be picky about who you sell to and what you sell, me being a new agent, I try to sell supplements only but for some folks a MAPD is the only way for them to go) and I'd like to know what's going to be best for them, the Senior!

Any good solid advice is greatly appreciated!:)

Back