High-Deductible Plan F

phaedruspress

Expert
I posted this in May 2018:

Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F Going Away??

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ment-high-deductible-plan-f-going-away.93688/

I am still happy with my HDF but am wondering now what you all think my best choice is going to be going forward in 2020. 67 yr old male.Good health. I don't mind the out of pocket expenses with the whatever the deductible is with HDF >$2500.00? and I have had surgery and my HDF has yet to kick in since June 2016 when I first got it. Globe Life. My concern is that though I am grandfathered in that the monthly premiums will rise quite a bit more then they normally would if the plan was still accepting new enrollment. With a dwindling pool for those remaining in HDF is there a general consensus amongst you all what I should be considering come the end of 2019 and going into 2020. Thanks.

Medigap Plans Changing In 2020: What Becoming Eligible For Medicare Before or After 2020 Means For First Dollar Coverage Plans

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/moneytips/article/Medigap-Plans-Changing-In-2020-13568950.php

I posted this in May 2018:

Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F Going Away??

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ment-high-deductible-plan-f-going-away.93688/

I am still happy with my HDF but am wondering now what you all think my best choice is going to be going forward in 2020. 67 yr old male.Good health. I don't mind the out of pocket expenses with the whatever the deductible is with HDF >$2500.00? and I have had surgery and my HDF has yet to kick in since June 2016 when I first got it. Globe Life. My concern is that though I am grandfathered in that the monthly premiums will rise quite a bit more then they normally would if the plan was still accepting new enrollment. With a dwindling pool for those remaining in HDF is there a general consensus amongst you all what I should be considering come the end of 2019 and going into 2020. Thanks.

Medigap Plans Changing In 2020: What Becoming Eligible For Medicare Before or After 2020 Means For First Dollar Coverage Plans

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/moneytips/article/Medigap-Plans-Changing-In-2020-13568950.php

That is usually the general thought but that didn't happen in FL. I have clients still on Plan J from pre-2010 that got the same increases.
Your situation is different though being on a Hi F. I highly doubt you'll see substantial rate hikes because the people on your plan are probably generally healthy and probably don't ever hit the deductible. But I've never sold a Hi F.

What do you pay? Less than $50/month? Even with a10% hike, you're at $55. I wouldn't worry about moving IMO.

Math and risk basics make HDF safe. Math says low premium would take many consecutive large % increases to become worried about it.

Risk basics state few people will still not reach out of pocket on HDF keeping prem lower in short and long run.

HDF is the most stable premium health product historically, with rate decreases in many states. I havent been able to say that .........ever, with any other product above $0 and not subsidized.

That is usually the general thought but that didn't happen in FL. I have clients still on Plan J from pre-2010 that got the same increases.
Your situation is different though being on a Hi F. I highly doubt you'll see substantial rate hikes because the people on your plan are probably generally healthy and probably don't ever hit the deductible. But I've never sold a Hi F.

What do you pay? Less than $50/month? Even with a10% hike, you're at $55. I wouldn't worry about moving IMO.

Thanks for the info. Currently I pay 32.00 dollars monthly.

Math and risk basics make HDF safe. Math says low premium would take many consecutive large % increases to become worried about it.

Risk basics state few people will still not reach out of pocket on HDF keeping prem lower in short and long run.

HDF is the most stable premium health product historically, with rate decreases in many states. I havent been able to say that .........ever, with any other product above $0 and not subsidized.

Thanks for the info. Good to know. No rate decreases : ) but the low monthly premiums so far are welcome.

>...more concerned about staying with Globe Life...

Well, that's not good. Could you kindly be less enigmatic?

Not a major player. Short timer in the market. 7300 covered lives national. $12M premium nationally. 87% LR.

I would not buy them but you did.

Good luck.

Not a major player. Short timer in the market. 7300 covered lives national. $12M premium nationally. 87% LR.

I would not buy them but you did.

Good luck.

>I would not buy them but you did.

Does anyone else share the views of @somarco as it pertains to Globe Life in particular to HDF? TIA.

Back