High Deductible plans F and G

Don't you mean Lassie?

Tom, you are correct. Today's MA plans can't hold a candle to those in 2005. I don't recall any $0 premium plans then but that doesn't mean they weren't around.
I don't remember any 0 premium plans. Seems like they ran $30-$100 a month. The coverage was good too. Not that many co pays. Seems like Pacificare had a $5 copay on dialysis.

I watched the webinar and got a few questions answered. I had a client call during the webinar and we did a 3 way to put her back on EFT with LBL. We took her off yesterday when moving her to another company. Turns out she thought the doctor had released her from having surgery on a disc, but she was mistaken, she has to have an xray in Dec.

When I got done the webinar was ending. The guy from Lasso didn't show up, but I saw enough that i'm going to look at it some more. Looks interesting.

Thanks for keeping the discusson going on Lasso LD. :yes:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/how-is-the-lasso-msa-doing.96982/

Craig posted a link to a video there.

wcmason sold several. It would not be wise for me to ask him anything, but you could certainly ask him more about effective sales process for them if you get more interested in them.

ScottS had some relevant comment about them too. I have him on ignore so I won't be able to find it, but I'll give it some thought and see if I can remember what it was.

The thing I remember Jim Handlin stressing several times in the video is that the customer should have a plan on how to deal with the oop money.

There have to be some healthy wealthy people for whom this plan would be a good match if you can find them and figure out the right sales talk. I have no idea how the compensation for you stacks up against other things you might sell. I am not suggesting you do ahip just to sell Lasso, but since Lasso is in your state, if you choose to do ahip, it might be worthwhile to pick up a Lasso contract too and file it away in your mind for the "odd prospect" that will come your way sometime during AEP.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/how-is-the-lasso-msa-doing.96982/

Craig posted a link to a video there.

wcmason sold several. It would not be wise for me to ask him anything, but you could certainly ask him more about effective sales process for them if you get more interested in them.

ScottS had some relevant comment about them too. I have him on ignore so I won't be able to find it, but I'll give it some thought and see if I can remember what it was.

The thing I remember Jim Handlin stressing several times in the video is that the customer should have a plan on how to deal with the oop money.

There have to be some healthy wealthy people for whom this plan would be a good match if you can find them and figure out the right sales talk. I have no idea how the compensation for you stacks up against other things you might sell. I am not suggesting you do ahip just to sell Lasso, but since Lasso is in your state, if you choose to do ahip, it might be worthwhile to pick up a Lasso contract too and file it away in your mind for the "odd prospect" that will come your way sometime during AEP.
Yep, already decided to pick up Lasso. I like that if you don't have to use it much, instead of paying premiums and not using it, you get to keep what you don't use. I also like that you can use it for dental, vision, hearing aids, etc.

You have to carry a stand alone PDP, and you can use the money in your account to pay your deductable and copys on your drugs(hey, I could use it to buy my weed if I had a medical card). I've just started looking at it, but I'm really liking what I see.

Thanks for the link LD(Handlin was supposed to take part in that webinar, but didn't make it). :yes:

Yep, already decided to pick up Lasso. I like that if you don't have to use it much, instead of paying premiums and not using it, you get to keep what you don't use. I also like that you can use it for dental, vision, hearing aids, etc.

You have to carry a stand alone PDP, and you can use the money in your account to pay your deductable and copys on your drugs(hey, I could use it to buy my weed if I had a medical card). I've just started looking at it, but I'm really liking what I see.

Thanks for the link LD(Handlin was supposed to take part in that webinar, but didn't make it). :yes:
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to post here once to say thanks for looking at us and thanks for all the support from agents in 2019.

Jim and I were actually on a call together during that call to finalize a few things, so we both missed it, but we'll try to make the next one, if possible.

We are excited to share our 2020 product, service area expansion and certification info on June 28th.

We've learned a lot and my team has been working hard to improve our processes for the upcoming AEP.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to post here once to say thanks for looking at us and thanks for all the support from agents in 2019.

Jim and I were actually on a call together during that call to finalize a few things, so we both missed it, but we'll try to make the next one, if possible.

We are excited to share our 2020 product, service area expansion and certification info on June 28th.

We've learned a lot and my team has been working hard to improve our processes for the upcoming AEP.
So it's YOUR fault he was AWOL. :laugh:

You didn't hijack the thread, it's what we've been talking about.

I wonder how this thread got into discussing lasso?

Does wcmason make posts anymore?

I'm on ignore too, wonder how many others are on ignore by LD?

I wonder how this thread got into discussing lasso?

Does wcmason make posts anymore?

I'm on ignore too, wonder how many others are on ignore by LD?
The thread is about HDF and HDG. It was mentioned about comparing G and Lasso, which there was a webinar by that name yesterday(that the President of Lasso was supposed to take part in...but he was kidnapped by Craig Ritter and didn't show up). I'd say that it's a pretty good comparison. I'd carry Lasso on myself before I would a HDG(I have a regular G). How many threads stay on track anyway? 1 out of 4?

Yes, WCMason is posting again.

I think that counting you, 2 other people have LD on ignore. :yes:

Craig,
Do you know if there has been any legislative progress or increased support for legislation to allow Medicare Advantage MSA plan holders to make their own contributions to the MSA in addition to the government contribution?
Thanks.
LD

Note to all in regard to spelling Lasso president's name:
I think i promoted a misspelling of Jim Handlan's last name above.

The correct spelling appears to be to end it with LAN, Handlan, not lin as I did above.

Back