High Deductible plans F and G

Feb 2, 2019

1. goillini52

goillini52 KeepAmericaGreat...Eat Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know about fines, but C and F are only going away for those who are NEWLY ELIGIBLE on and after 01/01/2020.. They can still be sold after 01/01/2020 to those who've been "grandfathered" in. :yes:

2. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    This topic has been beaten to death. Agents who sell 2 policies a month complaing about other agents talking about this, and how many Angels can fit on the head of a plan f needle regarding it "going away". Its going away, as is HDF for all NEW beneficiaries for Jan 1st 2020. If someone says it's going away and leaves off the "for all new beneficiaries" panties get waded up by the thousands. HdG is coming, I spoke to the higher ups at MOO about this at great length as I had to clear some marketing items regarding it. Cant wait until talking about Plan F is like talking about plan J. Did plan J "go away"? Yeah...pretty safe to say it's gone away.

Bevo, Jun 11, 2019
  3. LostDollar

LostDollar Guru

State:
    Kansas
    From NAIC:

https://insurance.arkansas.gov/uploads/pages/macra_amendmt.pdf

Plans C, F, and HDF are not going away. They will be unavailable for purchase by a segment of the Medicare Beneficiary market, but they are not going away.

4. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    It is my opinion that this notion of agents using this phrase as a high pressure sales tactic is entirely blown out of proportion and more rumor (such as you typing it and read it elsewhere), and based on what I have witnessed, CARRIER fueled.

Bevo, Jun 11, 2019
  5. LostDollar

LostDollar Guru

State:
    Kansas
    I certainly can not argue with your experience. All I can say is that it seems to disagree with NAIC's view of the market. I don't know who is right-there just appear to be two opposing opinions of actions in the market.

6. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    LD if you've sold Med supps since 2010 you wouldn't be hung up on this topic so badly. The exact same thing happened with Plan J. It went away. Can people still have it? Sure, if they can't switch. Does that mean it went away? Well no one is talking about it and no one cares, especially consumers. In fact it took about no time at all after J was discontinued to everyone but that "segment" you're referring to that Plan J was a complete memory. The same thing will happen with Plan F, it won't take long.

To get hung up on the wording as you are, fighting for some Plan F cause, is ridiculous. We talk to thousands of people per month who are BUYING this insurance, not simply posting on a message board. Not one of them cares as much as you think (or as you want them to), in fact most of them already know all about Plan F and still being able to keep it. THOSE are the facts, not simply regurgitated words off the internet.

Bevo, Jun 11, 2019
  7. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    Fair enough, now you've heard from the side who is on the front lines and without influence or politics.

Bevo, Jun 11, 2019
  8. goillini52

State:
    Illinois
  9. goillini52

State:
    Illinois
    The only F's I've sold in the past few years have been with BCBSIL. Their F was only $1 more a month than their G, until they just redid their pricing. Now G is the better buy with BCBSIL too. :yes:

10. LostDollar

LostDollar Guru

State:
    Kansas
    One of the reasons I mentioned the issue in the first place is because a forum member and former forum moderator who is a trainer for a large IMO emphasized the issue in his weekly webinar today. They seemed to think there was enough potential for actions against agents to stress caution to their own agents about how they choose to speak about Plans C, F, and HDF to their clients and prospects.