High Deductible plans F and G

One of the reasons I mentioned the issue in the first place is because a forum member and former forum moderator who is a trainer for a large IMO emphasized the issue in his weekly webinar today. They seemed to think there was enough potential for actions against agents to stress caution to their own agents about how they choose to speak about Plans C, F, and HDF to their clients and prospects.

Sure, they don't want to get sued. I get it and would do the same on that level. I'm more addressing where this information is coming from, not how agents are reacting to it.

Had I not witnessed first hand a compliance officer of a top carrier/organization and her/their very clear agenda 4 years ago on this I wouldn't have this opinion. They are far less worried about agents saying the wrong thing than they are losing their most beloved treasure. The almighty dollar. It's a spin with an alleged noble cause, as they all are. "Protect the consumer, we love the consumer." It's working hook, line, and sinker.

Bonus: One might consider...which carrier likely has the most Plan F policy holders in force with the most to lose?

Blue Shield CA has announced they are closing C, D, F, HF forever on October 1st. They will only offer A, F Extra, G, G Extra (10/1) and N in California.

I found this article that was published regarding High Deductible Plan G. Yes, as long as you are Medicare eligible before 1/1/2020, you can still enroll into one of the first-dollar coverage plans even if you deferred Part A & B when you were first eligible & end up not enrolling until after 1/1/2020.

Way to effin go Lindsey! A brand new forum member adding value! Color me impressed!

I don't say "going away" for plan F and C. I say no longer available to new Medicare enrollees starting in the new year.

If my guy is on F now, they'll still be eligible for F in the future. Now, if we can still sell private Medicare insurance in 10-15 years, I may change my tune.. but that's a personal opinion.

If you want to say Plan F is going away, no skin off my nose.

Just signed a client last week up over the phone (fb lead) with a plan G UHC. He called me concerned that another agent told him about a plan just like G that was free. There’s copays but he’ll save $164/month. I then explained it has a network of doctors and he may not pass underwriting in the future...etc.
He agreed the Med supp was the best way to go.

Two days later he called and said that agent told him to ask me if uhc was a group plan because one day uhc and Aarp could one day separate and his group plan would be canceled.
I told him that’s BS, if AARP and uhc separate, uhc will still be his insurance plan. He said ok.

The next damn day he calls back and says, sorry Chaz, one more thing. That agent just told me that this is my last chance to get Plan F as IT IS GOING AWAY IN JANUARY. Mother fu...
I explain what the agent is trying to say then he says the agent also told him that next year the part B deductible is probably going to be $500.

At this point I couldn’t help but laugh. I said this guy must be starving because I’ve never tried so hard for a sale. Sir, insurance companies are here to profit. If the deductible went up that high, I can guarantee you your plan F will go up more than $500/year.

I doubt there’s many agent out there using the “plan F is going away” scare but this bastard did.

Has lost dollar sold a Medicare supplement plan yet ......ever?

And, I will only sell plan G

I'm not really sure what you're implying.... Being educated on Medicare and private Medicare Insurance products AND actually selling a product are not mutually exclusive. In LD's case, I find 99.9% of his posts incredibly insightful.

I wish I could say the same for 60% of the agents on this forum.

@Chazm I think as we get closer to January, you're going to see more of these sketchy tactics. I mean, I think the majority of agents aren't going to intentionally mislead a client, but the minority of misinformed and sketchy agents are going to mess it up for everyone.

That's, in part, what happened with MA and CMS stepped in with marketing, etc.

*All percentages are pulled out of thin air

Last edited:
Back