High Deductible plans F and G

My clients ask for and depend on my advice. My advice is plan G. My clients trust me and buy plan G.

Clients want your opinion most of the time, not a full education where they get confused and cant make a decision.

I will let you know when someone gets screwed on plan G. Hint: Never.
I agree. With Med Supps I don't offer anything but plan G. I don't even talk about anything else. Why? Because I believe in it. I know that they are going to have virtually no healthcare expenses on plan G. It just makes sense.

My clients ask for and depend on my advice. My advice is plan G. My clients trust me and buy plan G.

Clients want your opinion most of the time, not a full education where they get confused and cant make a decision.

I will let you know when someone gets screwed on plan G. Hint: Never.

No one indicated you had to give full education.

In Bob's example, he was educating a Plan F client to move to Plan G. If they say no, he signs them up for Plan F at a lower rate. The client has been explained that they'd be better off elsewhere, and declined.

So, you'd refuse to sell them Plan F? I'd write it all day long, as long as they understanding they're overpaying for no reason.

I agree. With Med Supps I don't offer anything but plan G. I don't even talk about anything else. Why? Because I believe in it. I know that they are going to have virtually no healthcare expenses on plan G. It just makes sense.

So, if a client wants Plan N, you'll turn them down? That seems silly.

As long as the client understands that there could be a better option for them and how the plan they want works, they're adults.

No one indicated you had to give full education.

In Bob's example, he was educating a Plan F client to move to Plan G. If they say no, he signs them up for Plan F at a lower rate. The client has been explained that they'd be better off elsewhere, and declined.

So, you'd refuse to sell them Plan F? I'd write it all day long, as long as they understanding they're overpaying for no reason.

So, if a client wants Plan N, you'll turn them down? That seems silly.

As long as the client understands that there could be a better option for them and how the plan they want works, they're adults.

That's right, I would decline plan N request. Why? We have mayo clinic in AZ. And everyone in serious health uses them. Paying 10% excess charges at mayo would make for a very upset client.

And selling plan F? If in bad health, that's a bad call with inability to move to G in the future. And be subject to rising prices due to many reasons. I would hate to get that call 3 yrs from now

Is plan G like an F minus plan? Really, a $185 deductible is tiny compared to ACA and STM

Glad you're not my agent.

I didn't say that. I would sell them that. What I said is if I am bringing up plans I only discuss G.

Thank you for your insight. I understand better where you're coming from.

That's right, I would decline plan N request. Why? We have mayo clinic in AZ. And everyone in serious health uses them. Paying 10% excess charges at mayo would make for a very upset client.

And selling plan F? If in bad health, that's a bad call with inability to move to G in the future. And be subject to rising prices due to many reasons. I would hate to get that call 3 yrs from now

Is plan G like an F minus plan? Really, a $185 deductible is tiny compared to ACA and STM

Glad you're not my agent.

So, it seems like you're just thick. You're not reading the part where you're explaining all that too them and they make a choice that doesn't mesh with yours.

You have every right to decline the sale, and honestly I think I respect that you stick to that.

Personally, I believe in personal responsibility. As long as they understand the risks they are putting themselves in, I've done my job. They're going to get the plan they want elsewhere anyway. Probably with an agent that's going to write them and never hear from them again.

Write, work on them later.

I do drip marketing.. so I continue to send people information throughout the year, regardless of if they're a client or not.

We have a very short renewal cycle.. so every 2-3 years I'm trying to reshop them anyway before they drop off my rolls as full comm.

Clients never remember the risk.

I'm not thick, I'm a veteran and know best products for clients to buy. I rarely lose biz to another agent.

I have 400 clients with AARP UHC, and never moved 1 of them as they have the most consistent low rate increases. I dont move them to get a new commission like you.

Why not put them with some carrier and plan they will own for a decade or til death?

*shrugs*

You're welcome to run your business your way. I'll run mine my way.

My job is to find them the best price with the best company available. They should be shopping rates every 2-3 years as marketplaces change often. That's being a smart consumer. That's me advocating for my clients.

I'm not in FL or AZ where UHC tends to be stable on pricing and the most competitive in the market.

If it works for you to keep people in the same place forever, do you. When people get rate increases I reshop their rate because I know they will.

We have a very short renewal cycle.. so every 2-3 years I'm trying to reshop them anyway before they drop off my rolls as full comm.
*shrugs*

You're welcome to run your business your way. I'll run mine my way.

My job is to find them the best price with the best company available. They should be shopping rates every 2-3 years as marketplaces change often. That's being a smart consumer. That's me advocating for my clients.

I'm not in FL or AZ where UHC tends to be stable on pricing and the most competitive in the market.

If it works for you to keep people in the same place forever, do you. When people get rate increases I reshop their rate because I know they will.

Are people in the Senior Market really reshopping that much though? Typically they like stability.

Are people in the Senior Market really reshopping that much though? Typically they like stability.

I will say this, yes seniors do eventually shop their insurance. Most times they do it when they get a mailer or cold call.

I've always pre-emptively struck and shopped them when they have a rate increase... Albeit it wasn't nearly this often. In SC, I could easily chill and just do light interactions a few times a year. Mainly to show them I'm looking out for them on something they don't understand.

However, I also left the market for quite a long time when I relocated and am just re-entering. So, while I had a lot of experience prior to when MA just became a thing, the marketplace has also significantly changed.

In my opinion, and it's just mine, as we continue in the digital age, seniors are going to become much more nimble in understanding their options. MA and PDP is training them to annually look at their plan. That means, again my opinion, I have to be proactive in letting them know they have the best plan for their dollar or not.

MI is a 3 year Comm state. Companies enter and exit the med Supp market pretty regularly. BCBS and UHC tend to be on the higher end, like MOO.. so, the market changes often.

I will say this, yes seniors do eventually shop their insurance. Most times they do it when they get a mailer or cold call.

I've always pre-emptively struck and shopped them when they have a rate increase... Albeit it wasn't nearly this often. In SC, I could easily chill and just do light interactions a few times a year. Mainly to show them I'm looking out for them on something they don't understand.

However, I also left the market for quite a long time when I relocated and am just re-entering. So, while I had a lot of experience prior to when MA just became a thing, the marketplace has also significantly changed.

In my opinion, and it's just mine, as we continue in the digital age, seniors are going to become much more nimble in understanding their options. MA and PDP is training them to annually look at their plan. That means, again my opinion, I have to be proactive.

MI is a 3 year Comm state. Companies enter and exit the med Supp market pretty regularly. BCBS and UHC tend to be on the higher end, like MOO.. so, the market changes often.

My goal is that Seniors are comfortable and trusting enough of me that if they do get that cold call or mailer they say "I already got a guy" and they call me with the information. I tell each of them that agents do not set prices, carriers do so I will have the same price as anyone else and I have all major carriers.

Back