High Deductible plans F and G

I'm going to be watching to see if the sun rises in the west tomorrow.

(However, if you DO do AHIP, just think, you can sell the Lasso MSA too! Just look at the progression Plan G, HDF, MSA. )
I just got a notice of a webinar, Lasso vs. Plan G. It starts in an hour. Maybe I'll listen while I type on here, do my CE and watch Fox's "REAL" News. :twitchy:

I just got a notice of a webinar, Lasso vs. Plan G. It starts in an hour. Maybe I'll listen while I type on here, do my CE and watch Fox's "REAL" News. :twitchy:

That's real multitasking

However, I do wonder if agents are loving the lasso plan

I have not yet heard from a prospect any that were looking or mention that plan

Will Aetna still offer PDP? I'll only do MAPD as a last resort, because there are people that can't afford a Med Supp. I liked the Humana Walmart PDP. UHC isn't in the areas that I work.

I'll bet I can sell quite a few MAPD's cold door knocking. :yes:

My favorite is door knocking MAPD. There’s too many rookies out here who don’t know what they are doing. If they were smart, they would walk up to a 66+ home, ask if they have a Med supp, who with and how much. Then I explain that I have a brand new, trump executive ordered, Med Advantage Plan. It’s exactly the same as their supplement but for free. The kicker? You get part D included for free as well.

Like taking candy from a senior.

My favorite is door knocking MAPD. There’s too many rookies out here who don’t know what they are doing. If they were smart, they would walk up to a 66+ home, ask if they have a Med supp, who with and how much. Then I explain that I have a brand new, trump executive ordered, Med Advantage Plan. It’s exactly the same as their supplement but for free. The kicker? You get part D included for free as well.

Like taking candy from a senior.

Or even better I am from Medicare and they sent me for you to sign this form as you are now eligible for free insurance

For the record for any who do not know

I am being sarcastic

Last edited:
I'm going to be watching to see if the sun rises in the west tomorrow.

(However, if you DO do AHIP, just think, you can sell the Lasso MSA too! Just look at the progression Plan G, HDF, MSA. )
I watched the webinar and got a few questions answered. I had a client call during the webinar and we did a 3 way to put her back on EFT with LBL. We took her off yesterday when moving her to another company. Turns out she thought the doctor had released her from having surgery on a disc, but she was mistaken, she has to have an xray in Dec.

When I got done the webinar was ending. The guy from Lasso didn't show up, but I saw enough that i'm going to look at it some more. Looks interesting.

Thanks for keeping the discusson going on Lasso LD. :yes:

I'd say that LD knows as much about Lasso as anybody. :yes:

Don't you mean Lassie?

Tom, you are correct. Today's MA plans can't hold a candle to those in 2005. I don't recall any $0 premium plans then but that doesn't mean they weren't around.

Comp was much better then. I went to a couple of roll out meetings. Got contracted with New Horizon (or whatever it was) and maybe one other. Never sold a single one. The hucksters promoting them were like the GRQ pitches in hotel ballrooms. Figured this thing was going to blow up before it got off the ground.

Travis, BX doesn't allow brokers in a few states. Pretty sure AL and FL are in that category. There are (I believe) a handful of non-captive BX agents in NC but no non-res agents.

Every state is different by carrier. BXGA allows brokers but a few years ago wanted to cull 90% of them. Word got out. Agents started moving business on a wholesale basis. BX retracted the quota and tried to kiss and make up.

The damage was already done.

At the time they wanted to jettison a bunch of agents they were getting something like 80 to 85% if their business direct, Doubt if much has changed since then.

The Mayo and XS charges thing is an issue in a few states. I have south GA clients that travel to JAX for treatment. All have F or G so XS isn't an issue.

But there are a lot of folks in that area with MA plans. Mayo doesn't like MA plans but will accept a FEW subject to meeting THEIR criteria. Funny how folks that heavily promote MA plans never seem to mention the challenges with specialty clinics. Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, M D Anderson, Sloan-Kettering . . .

The following Mayo Clinic campuses limit access to some of the Medicare Advantage plans:

• Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona. Patients covered by any types of Medicare Advantage Plans (exception Cost share/HCPP) that are not contracted may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
  • Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida. Patients covered by Medicare Advantage HMO plans without authorization may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
  • Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Patients covered by Medicare Advantage HMO plans without authorization may not be seen. Patients cannot be seen on a self-pay basis.
Medicare Advantage HMO plans require authorization prior to scheduling appointments at the Mayo Clinic site that is contracted or that has accepted your plan; without authorization, the patient will be financially responsible.

Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Florida do not agree to the terms and conditions of noncontracted Medicare Advantage plans, due to administrative and financial challenges. Please refer to your Medicare Advantage plan for a list of in-network providers.

Billing and insurance - More about Medicare

Back