High Liver Enzymes, CT Scan/Biopsy normal

Rick,

I think I saw a bulletin recently from West Coast that they loosened their liver enzyme guidelines. You might check with Helen Tan and see what she says.

Rick,

I think I saw a bulletin recently from West Coast that they loosened their liver enzyme guidelines. You might check with Helen Tan and see what she says.
Thanks. Here's what West Coast said. By the way, I'm done chasing this crap down. I got this guy what I think is a real chance of great rates. Let him try to get better...

Per West Coast Life:
Due to the medical information received, including the lab results and test results, we will postpone for at least two months to show stability in the test results. At that time, subject to current medical records (current lab results and other test results), would consider at a tentative Standard/Table B.

Rick

He doesn't drink and the enzymes have been high for 8 years. New exam won't help.

Rick

then he needs to be checked for Hep.....or he is lieing about the drinking.......

Closet Drinkers - Treatment Today
Closet Drinkers

Some alcoholics are closet drinkers. They drink alone and at home. They do it out of other people’s radars and thus cause no concern for others. They harm no one and put nobody else in danger so no one really notices. Quite often, friends and co-workers may not even have a clue that a person is an alcoholic even though a family member may know or suspect it is the case.
Some people say this type of alcohol problem is common among stay at home parents, homemakers and the elderly although there are no current peer-reviewed data that clearly reveal it.
While a closet alcoholic may be less trouble than a violent or troublesome drinker, they do havoc to their own bodies nonetheless. They also suffer the full physical and mental consequences of alcohol addiction, its effects on the body, nervous system and brain function. Also, the mere act of hiding it can create a more or less reclusive personality and can lead to many personal problems down the line.

I would argue that Hep is a real concern for him, needs to have a liver panel screen and a APS from his phys. if he has had high lft's for 8 years he would be average rate with load. pref is hard to get with lft concerns

Back