High Probability Selling Thru Email?

BOHICA

Hey everyone I've only been an insurance sales producer selling P&C, commercial, etc for about 2 months now and have been using the High Probability Selling strategy for all my cold calls with decent success.

Unfortunately my main focus is on technology companies so most of them (especially the DM's) operate through email way more than with the phone.

Is there a way to carry the High Probability Selling strategy into an email correspondence?

I have a few other email templates that have been at least getting responses, but they are all pretty low prob and I don't want to waste my or my teams time dragging them out to them.

I appreciate any help, ideas, advice, or thoughts you guys might have and I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community as in the past month I got enough ideas and info from it to at least register lol.

I would be careful as the technological savy can get your IP blacklisted.

The thing about hard to reach people is that not a lot of people are reaching them so once you get them on the phone you have a higher chance of getting them.

I have only used high probability selling on easy to reach DM's when I had a big list to go through otherwise I wouldn't use it.

But you said you are having decent success right? So ramp up what is working and don't worry about what is not working. Think like a business owner and not just as a salesman.

If you have a market that responds to that type of marketing then forget the people that are not responding to it.

To add to Cash's statement, when I was doing research on reaching out to people, I read a couple points here and there saying theres also the possibility of you getting filtered out as well and in general just getting blocked. If I find those threads/articles Ill link it here in an edit.

I am not familiar with this particular strategy you mention, but my first inclination is that your numbers would be higher in a face to face environment.

It is difficult to build rapport with buyers over email, especially on high-ticket items. Personally, I would use your email correspondence to bring them value in some way and utilize that to open the door to telephone or face to face communication to work with them in a more consultative nature to increase your foothold with them, make sure you have them fully covered, and ultimately net a higher sale by cross selling to other needs as well.

Again - just a recommendation based on normal business practices as I am unfamiliar with this "High probability Selling" you mention.

I am not familiar with this particular strategy you mention, but my first inclination is that your numbers would be higher in a face to face environment.

It is difficult to build rapport with buyers over email, especially on high-ticket items. Personally, I would use your email correspondence to bring them value in some way and utilize that to open the door to telephone or face to face communication to work with them in a more consultative nature to increase your foothold with them, make sure you have them fully covered, and ultimately net a higher sale by cross selling to other needs as well.

Again - just a recommendation based on normal business practices as I am unfamiliar with this "High probability Selling" you mention.

That's 100% true. I'm talking about using email to set an appointment with the DM since so far I'm at least getting replies back from the DM's via email compared to calling at different times of the day or leaving a VM.

You are correct and I'm using this method to just get an appointment with the DM.

I just noticed that I get way more replies back from DM's than I can get them on the phone and I wanted to make sure I'm optimizing my changes with every "touch" made so was wondering if anyone else had ever used some sort of HPS method but via email instead of over the phone.

You are correct and I'm using this method to just get an appointment with the DM.

I just noticed that I get way more replies back from DM's than I can get them on the phone and I wanted to make sure I'm optimizing my changes with every "touch" made so was wondering if anyone else had ever used some sort of HPS method but via email instead of over the phone.

Have you tried LinkedIn? It can be a great tool for reaching DM's. I get a handful of sales people each week that reach me through there. I have a pretty good reputation in my local market so most business owners will take my call, thus I do not personally use LinkedIn to contact new prospects, but it can work. If you don't know how to work it, I can give you some pointers from my limited experience with it, but I also know there are short-courses out there that focus specifically on reaching DM's through LinkedIn.

Worth a shot.
As far as reaching through email - it can be tricky. As long as you have a good reason (call to action) for the prospect to return your email or call, it can be good. If your call to action is weak, it will simply get deleted - and potentially get you labeled as a spammer with that person.

----------

Also, I should note that my calls to prospects are not insurance related. I run a business consulting company. That may impact your view of my previous comment ;)

Back