Higher Income Home Owners

My advice is not that of a producer, but as a potential consumer. I am your target market, as are our neighbors. If you came by my house after work and tried to 'sell' me anything OR take time away from my family...it would never happen. People don't get to that level of income without working hard, they also aren't really concerned with saving $200 or so a year on car insurance. They do talk to their neighbors about how much they are paying and they do find new insurance agents that way ;) Personally I think you are wasting your time and I'd look at doing something else. I know the Edward Jones guys do this for financial products, but it's EJ and there is a good bit of Brand Recognition there...not sure saying you're with 'XYZ' or even an Allstate is going to get you an audience with me. That and if I don't know you, I answer the door with my 9mm

Thank goodness. I'm not the only person that does that...

And if someone knocked on your door anyway? Shoot them for knocking? Pretty sure that is murder regardless as they aren't in your house and it's certainly not justifiable through stand your ground. We carry guns in southern Indiana as well, but we dont answer the door with a gun. Ive knocked doors in the past and never had a gun pulled on me.

And if someone knocked on your door anyway? Shoot them for knocking? Pretty sure that is murder regardless as they aren't in your house and it's certainly not justifiable through stand your ground. We carry guns in southern Indiana as well, but we dont answer the door with a gun. Ive knocked doors in the past and never had a gun pulled on me.

Who said anything about shooting someone? Then who said anything about pulling a gun on someone?

I've never, thank god, had to pulls gun on anyone, but I do walk around with it.

I live in IN ;)

Who said anything about shooting someone? Then who said anything about pulling a gun on someone?

I've never, thank god, had to pulls gun on anyone, but I do walk around with it.

I agree, I had a guy(big) come up to the door one afternoon and as I got there he opened the door and walked in. He came to pick up the pool table I had for sale, he was at the wrong house wanted the guy next door.

If I don't know you there is a gun held behind my back. I may put it in my belt once I open the door see what you're about.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood but home invasion can happen anywhere. we gt a lot of guys coming by wanting to door tree work etc.

Gooner, my apologies. In your original post, you mentioned the 9mm being the first thing a person sees when knocking on your door. I interrupted that to mean you had it pulled out and pointed. I grew up being taught you don't pull a gun on anyone unless you fully intend on using it. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. The cynical part of me chuckled a little imagining girl scouts knocking on your door, seeing the gun, dropping cookies, and running away crying.

If just wearing your sidearm, I probably wouldn't notice until after saying hello and even then, it wouldn't bother me/scare me unless you had it drawn.

As for the longer the driveway, the harder the sale...I'll just pick the large houses with the real short drive ways or no driveways :)

Who is the go to guy for these folks and their neighbors? Is it their financial advisor or CPA? I realize they all have "someone" and that person is the shortest route, but I can't do that unless I know who that "someone" is.

Back