Highmark BCBS Med Supps

pahealthquotes

Guru
1000 Post Club
Highmark the largest health insurer in Pa has just released Med Supps to agents. Highmark will allow agents to sell these plans in Western Pa, Central Pa and the Leigh Valley. Just a quick glance at the rates and they look to be extremely competitive. Highmark has an excellent reputation throughout Pa and treats brokers/ agents fairly. They also believe the agent will play a crucial role moving forward.

Does this mean that any qualified agent can get appointed to write them even out of area?
I'm in Florida but PA licensed. I would love something other then AARP. Would you please provide some more information.
What kind of contract/is it direct or thru a GA etc?
Thanks,
Have a Great New Year.

Last edited:
Does this mean that any qualified agent can get appointed to write them even out of area?
I'm in Florida but PA licensed. I would love something other then AARP. Would you please provide some more information.
What kind of contract/is it direct or thru a GA etc?
Thanks,
Have a Great New Year.

Hi Asher,

yes , you can sell from FLA. Commission schedules for the Med Supps havent been released yet, should be any day now. Highmark operates under two names in PA. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield primarily serves Western PA and Highmark Blue Shield covers Central Pa and the Lehigh Valley. Highmark has two Advantage offerings that are extremely popular. Highmark Freedom Blue PPO and Highmark Security Blue HMO. The HMO is only available throughout Western Pa.

If interested, shoot me a pm and I can get you licensed with both Highmark BCBS and Highmark BS.

Regards,
Joe

Back