Hilarious Email from CA DOI

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0120-notices/upload/NoticeExamLimits.pdf

NOTICE
TO: All Admitted Insurers, Insurance Producers, Bail Agents, Adjusters, Education Providers and Other Interested Parties

DATE: December 15, 2016

SUBJECT: Statutory Limits on Taking Insurance License Examinations

Background
Governor Brown signed Assembly Bill (AB) 2884 (Chapter 304, Statutes of 2016) on September 12, 2016 and it becomes effective January 1, 2017. Among the provisions of AB 2884 is an amendment to Section 1682 of the California Insurance Code (CIC) setting statutory limits on the number of times individuals are allowed to take an insurance license exam in a 12-month period.

Statutory Limits
Effective January 1, 2017, any insurance license exam candidate that has failed an exam ten times within the previous 12-month period will be barred from taking the same exam for a period of 12 months, beginning from the date of the last failed exam. Exams that were taken and failed during Calendar Year 2016 will be counted towards the ten exam limit.

1) That's an INSANE amount of times to FAIL the exam. Let's be generous and say that most people should pass it by the 3rd attempt. TEN TIMES??? With securities licenses, you can take a test 3 times (once every 30 days) and if you don't pass by then, you cannot take the exam for 6 months after your last failed attempt. This rule might as well not even exist!

2) I wonder what happened in order to actually make this into a law?

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0120-notices/upload/NoticeExamLimits.pdf

1) That's an INSANE amount of times to FAIL the exam. Let's be generous and say that most people should pass it by the 3rd attempt. TEN TIMES??? With securities licenses, you can take a test 3 times (once every 30 days) and if you don't pass by then, you cannot take the exam for 6 months after your last failed attempt. This rule might as well not even exist!

2) I wonder what happened in order to actually make this into a law?

You're just not PC DHK. Did you forget that you live in Libland, where everybody gets a trophy and nobody gets their little feelings hurt. It would hurt the dumb one's feelings if they couldn't pass the test. If somebody needs that many attempts to pass, they've got no business selling enshorunce.:no:

But how about us guys who have to take it twelve times to pass??? I think it is extremely unfair!

I think paying the exam retake fees for stupidity is unfair! If it takes you more than 3x, then you shouldn't have to pay the exam retake fee! After all, it's not YOUR fault that you failed it, right?

----------

I think I may laminate a copy of this with a headline saying:

"Are you SURE your life insurance agent is smart enough to protect your family?"

I suspect the reason for this, in part, is due to test schools and such. Many schools send their instructors and other employees to take the exams and intentionally fail so they can update their course materials to the current questions.

Back when I got licensed, the instructor had taken and failed the life exam dozens of times just to get the exam questions and update their test prep materials.

I suspect the reason for this, in part, is due to test schools and such. Many schools send their instructors and other employees to take the exams and intentionally fail so they can update their course materials to the current questions.

Back when I got licensed, the instructor had taken and failed the life exam dozens of times just to get the exam questions and update their test prep materials.

Yeah but all you need to do is hire another temp employee with a good memory.

It should be that if you have to take it more than 8 times you can't recruit your downline until you have been licensed for 10 days or more.
That would really hit a bunch of them right where it hurts.

Perhaps this is fitting. After all, Antonio Villaragosa, the mayor of the state's largest city, Los Angeles, failed the California state bar exam four times before giving up.

I took the test with a guy that had already failed it 6 times. Primerica candidate....nuff said

Back