HIPAA Compliance

Hi There-

Does anyone have feedback about a simple but effective solution for keeping your emails sent from your laptop and phone HIPAA compliant? In my effort to be compliant I'm jumping through some hoops right now and am in the process of evaluating some services, but they don't seem simple....

Google has platforms that you can use for additional encryption that will should pass hippa. I use a google encryption called Postini. I think it's affordable compared with higher some BS IT guy that charges $10,000 and just relabels Postini.

Will look into this further.

I have given up temporarily on extra layers, but I know I have to do something eventually.
Here's my encrypted email adventure with RPost, a great company:
1. clients were not responding well to encrypted emails, couldn't figure out the simple directions, lots of time, wound up faxing, or non encrypted emails
2. a huge disappointment here: one of my carriers who emails me with encrypted messages never bothered to tell me that their robo operated email inbox can't read encrypted emails from me. We had one big time getting apps approved that I forwarded to them by encrypted email on the last day for effective dates in 2013. Luckily, the service I used is bullet proof in being able to prove date/time/content sent, had the carrier been harder to convince.

We are in the development stages of making all this more user friendly and seamless, it would appear.

Back