Hipaa Privacy Notice

Hey guys,

I contacted my state's Insurance Commissioner's office last year and I can't for the life of me remember what they said but they were very vague, that much I do remember.

Since I'm an indy, is it necessary to post, give to clients, hand over to clients, keep on file a Hipaa compliant privacy notice? I don't think we indies are "covered entities", so I think the answer is no. And I think we indies need only tell a prospect we can not divulge any personal health or financial information and this will suffice.

CR

Every app I have seen has a HIPAA disclosure that must be signed by the applicant. That should suffice.

You're right. There's an authorization page here, in the MetLife app....All I had to do was turn around......oh well, thanks just the same...

Things are really slow going here. Boredom is setting in every morning after the gf goes to work...It's tough to get motivated I'll tell you that. Study? For that lousy P&C exam? Who wants to do that? Not me. Study for the Annuities CE course? Naah. Watch the Sportsmans Channel? Yeah, ok.

It's amazing how much information we lose if we don't remain sharp. I've got some catching up to do before I can re-start the over priced, over rated leads.

:swoon:

Back