Hiring Appointment Setter(s) for Medicare Supplement Sales

BamaGator

I am looking for appointment setters for Medicare Supplement Sales. I pay per appointment. Lists provided and bonuses available.

For what it's worth, most of the folks doing well with hiring Medicare supplement lead generators are paying hourly plus a bonus vs per lead. It's tough to get good talent to work 100% performance based.

You will go broke paying a bonus per lead plus hourly. If you bonus per lead then that will lower the quality of the leads and cost you money.
I am an active agent actively using a telemarketer. Pay a nice hourly wage and give paid vacations. My telemarketer probably makes more than the average agent. I know she makes more than I did my first couple years in the business.

You will go broke paying a bonus per lead plus hourly. If you bonus per lead then that will lower the quality of the leads and cost you money.
I am an active agent actively using a telemarketer. Pay a nice hourly wage and give paid vacations. My telemarketer probably makes more than the average agent. I know she makes more than I did my first couple years in the business.

Completely agree. A day off with pay is much better than a per lead bonus.

You shouldn't give an incentive for the number of leads or you'll run the risk of getting crappy leads.

Also make sure you use an up to date database. Old lists are too expensive in waste of time dialing.

Rick

agreed per lead/appointment bonus will generate some snake oil leads.

Maybe 30-90 to day probation period test their ethic then raise in hourly.

Agree 100% with all the above. Some of these agents buying 50 leads a week and having an apt setter at $15 a sit is a disaster. The apt setters only incentive is to set you any apt to get her $15 fee. Then throw in they just blow threw your expensive dm leas and its not long before your out of business.Expenses can eat you alive in this business.

As the owner of a telemarketing company I pay my people by the hour and sell leads at a fixed cost per lead. I know exactly how many dials it should take to get a Med Sup lead from our lists almost anywhere we call in the country.

I have tried paying my staff per lead and the quality of the leads went down and it took me a long time to review and weed out the bad ones before passing them to our client.

Once you know the numbers it is just a matter of finding people that want to dial.

Hope this helps to have a perspective from "the other side".

Back