Hiring a Telemarketer for Home Insurance Leads

Compare the above to my door knocking results.

I go out between 3-7 pm (M-F) knock about 80-100 doors, (typically one to two streets.)

Come home with 7-12 rounded home and auto leads. (35-60 per week)

I got 3 others working with me now that are averaging the same.

Not bragging.

Just saying D2D canvassing is way more effective then telemarketing, if your office happens to be near an area with lots of cookie-cutter subdivisions with tract homes.

And it's duplicatable and scalable too!

Come may I will have to give it a try. Winter is here now and no one wants to be door knocked this time of year.

Come may I will have to give it a try. Winter is here now and no one wants to be door knocked this time of year.
Yeah the holidays are coming up and no one wants to be bothered by those pesky telemarketers eithier! lol!

Can't let those thoughts get the better of us.

Just the other day I was able to get a lady over $7,000 refunded back to her, because an agent who sold her a med supp policy told her the old policy will automatically cancel. Apparently she never bothered to notice the old company was still drafting her account the last 5 years.

These people need us!

Compare the above to my door knocking results.

I go out between 3-7 pm (M-F) knock about 80-100 doors, (typically one to two streets.)

Come home with 7-12 rounded home and auto leads. (35-60 per week)

I got 3 others working with me now that are averaging the same.

Not bragging.

Just saying D2D canvassing is way more effective then telemarketing, if your office happens to be near an area with lots of cookie-cutter subdivisions with tract homes.

And it's duplicatable and scalable too!

1. You are awesome for engaging me and teaching me the ways of the Force.

2. I think both D2D and TM can be effective. You don't know who I am calling. I just generated a lead where the lady is paying $35k a year on all her P&C residential...I find a whale a week, they don't all fall but one of them is like 10 small ones...i know when they fall out of your portfolio it's painful but that assumes you cannot handle cust svc, just saying.

3. I would love to make D2D an integral part of my lead generation when I obtain my lic in the next 6-12 months. I would be honored to PM/Speak with you about what your approach is and basic script or verbage.

-I'm guessing/betting that not many folks do what you do in the area you live. meaning just being an active D2D Agent makes you loads of money by doing things others won't. Please keep sharing anything you feel can educate and help me. I truly appreciate all of it.

----------

Yeah the holidays are coming up and no one wants to be bothered by those pesky telemarketers eithier! lol!

Just the other day I was able to get a lady over $7,000 refunded back to her, because an agent who sold her a med supp policy told her the old policy will automatically cancel. Apparently she never bothered to notice the old company was still drafting her account the last 5 years.

These people need us!

When you feel good about what you do or fill a genuine need for someone, it makes doing mundane things a lot more fun.

I don't know much about med supply insurance but I know I live in a state where folks sign up and use it all the time.

----------

Another basic tip for what it's worth...

-DON'T WASTE TIME WITH NON RECEPTIVE FOLKS!!!
e.g. Person is kind of not interested and giving you the proverbial "i don't know who you are"...just keep going to the next person.

Somewhere someone wrote that those folks are really the best leads, you just have to shake them a little. And then get them to trust you to tell them personal info and then get a quote and then get them to agree to it all over the phone...just move on.

Don't waste your time with time wasters.

-You can't reach the unreachable or teach the unteachable, keep moving and keep your sanity.

-Cheers!

These people need us!

Tom - I hope you get a lifetime of referrals for that one!

These people need us!

I agree that we can't make excuses. I'm just not willing to door knock in 30 degree weather.

If I can get a lead an hour or so cold calling, I'll settle for that at this time.

What is the close ratio of most agents for a cold call lead you hand them?

Meaning the TM calls and the homeowner says they would entertain a quote or follow up call by the agent, how many of those to make a deal?

In theory you are not competing with anyone other than the original agent who seems to have faded for whatever reason. You get a quote, seems like it saves them some money or is better than what they currently have for the same money.

How many leads? Do they take time to close from interested to quoted to binded? Any info would be great.

TM leads weren't looking actively to change making them more of a sales process in my experience. They can take more time to get to the close. I am happy with a 15-20% closing rate.

I know I am not the typical TM but I feel like I need to share. I didn't get going until this month of November and I want to stress that I have a very targeted list and at first I didn't think much of it but now the fruit is starting to appear.

-$20K Bound Policies plus about $5k in Umbrellas on top for November.

-I set a goal of $25k a month for the first month, maybe even keep that as the target for a few more months and folks here chuckled and looked at me like I was a space alien but I knew the agent I was teamed with was on the same page as myself. My long term goal is $100k a month in new business.

-I feel no resentment to my agent increasing his New Business monthly premium from $50k to I assume he will clear $75k in November and then eventually we can get him up over $100k monthly. He has a couple mortgage guys that send business while I am getting this going. I encourage him everyday to find more. Zig says help enough folks get what they want and you can have everything you want.

I wanted to share and encourage you if you hire someone to try and find a salesperson that simply lost their way. Instead of hiring a TM, try and reach for someone that could potentially be an agent one day.

I know I am not the typical TM but I feel like I need to share. I didn't get going until this month of November and I want to stress that I have a very targeted list and at first I didn't think much of it but now the fruit is starting to appear.

-$20K Bound Policies plus about $5k in Umbrellas on top for November.

-I set a goal of $25k a month for the first month, maybe even keep that as the target for a few more months and folks here chuckled and looked at me like I was a space alien but I knew the agent I was teamed with was on the same page as myself. My long term goal is $100k a month in new business.

-I feel no resentment to my agent increasing his New Business monthly premium from $50k to I assume he will clear $75k in November and then eventually we can get him up over $100k monthly. He has a couple mortgage guys that send business while I am getting this going. I encourage him everyday to find more. Zig says help enough folks get what they want and you can have everything you want.

I wanted to share and encourage you if you hire someone to try and find a salesperson that simply lost their way. Instead of hiring a TM, try and reach for someone that could potentially be an agent one day.

I'd love to hear a basic idea of your whole hypothetical phone call when successful! Basically I'd love to hear your script! :yes:

Back