Hiring Process - Independent Agency

ashleigh82

Ohio
We are looking to bring on another agent in our independent office (Cleveland, Ohio area) and are having a hard time finding any potential candidates. We have used the major recruiting websites (both free and paid) and received 4 resumes with no one having any insurance selling experience.

If you are looking for agents to join your firm, what is the best way (you have found) to find anyone to at least interview or have a conversation?

I wouldn’t limit to someone who only has insurance experience. Expand that search to those who have previously or currently work in similar sales fields and have a network of referral sources. Previous real estate agents, business owners, those in sales for moving companies may be really serious talent.

By the way, I come from the moving business and learned how to gain referral partners from that.

We are looking to bring on another agent in our independent office (Cleveland, Ohio area) and are having a hard time finding any potential candidates. We have used the major recruiting websites (both free and paid) and received 4 resumes with no one having any insurance selling experience.

If you are looking for agents to join your firm, what is the best way (you have found) to find anyone to at least interview or have a conversation?

What kind of ad are you writing to get the prospective agent interested?

We used Indeed and it worked great. We filled our new call center in 2 weeks. Expect half of your new hires to weed themselves out within the first month.

You need good ad copy, and a process for the people submitting their resume to go thru or you are going to get people just clicking to apply down a list hoping someone calls them back for an interview.

Your challenge is recruiting independent agents. They aren't applying for a job (that is a job site), but more of an opportunity. You need to get people out of their current comfort level in order to change to work with you. That is all done in the ad copy.

If you want to PM me a link to your ad, I can give you some pointers.

We used Indeed and it worked great. We filled our new call center in 2 weeks. Expect half of your new hires to weed themselves out within the first month.

You need good ad copy, and a process for the people submitting their resume to go thru or you are going to get people just clicking to apply down a list hoping someone calls them back for an interview.

Your challenge is recruiting independent agents. They aren't applying for a job (that is a job site), but more of an opportunity. You need to get people out of their current comfort level in order to change to work with you. That is all done in the ad copy.

If you want to PM me a link to your ad, I can give you some pointers.

You lose 50% of call center employees in 30 days?

Hard to get people that work hard. I just got terminated from Progressive after writing them for 24 years. I finally let it out about their b.s. Cutting commissions, management not resolving issues by answering phone calls or emails. Customers love me & no E&O issues or complaints in 24 years. But Progressive cut me. 7 days a week I work at this. 12-15 hour days. So I get terminated from someone I've never heard of...no warning.....nothing.

Back