Hiring Telemarketers

N

nate124

Can anyone elaborate on what kind of an ad they have placed in Craigs List in order to hire telemarketers? What do you say in your ad, and what attracts people to your ad? I'd like to give this a shot and see if I can find someone to work with this way. Thanks!

Nate,
How many agents do you have ? Why not get a bigger bang for your buck and just buy confirmed Tele leads from an agency ?
Regards
Steven B

CraigsList.com

Go to CraigsList.com and go to your are and post jobs offer for free.
It works like a charm. I took an add for telemarketers and had 10 responses the first day.

Did they change something? Every time I've posted job ads it's cost me $25. How did you do it for free?

And, how are you paying the telemarketers?

Only certain cities are a $25 fee. Just post your ad in other cities. I've played with the pay structure and the one that works best for me and my marketers is this:

$8/hr for 1 lead per hour
$12/hr for 2 leads
$18/hr for 3 leads

I have 4 marketers now - 3 never miss three leads per hour and one does 2 leads per hour. So basically I have $6 exclusive leads.

Quality? You control that - which is why for me telemarketing is the best. I dictate what is and isn't a lead. There are fantastic telemarketers out there who run at-home marketing businesses. Three of my markerters also have other accounts - normally setting appointments and residential calling - which is hard compared to "We're offering quotes for individual health insurance."

When telemarketed leads suck it's normally because:

1) Marketer was overly agressive - saying things like "we'll just send you out some info."

2) Marketer is talking to gate-keepers who say "owner's busy/not in so go ahead and send the info."

Basically, bad marketers are lazy. They are only dialing 20 to 30 numbers per hour and since they're not getting ahold of a lot of owners they have to pressue the ones they reach. Then quality is horrible.

Good marketers are mass dialers - 60 numbers per hour, so they're naturally reaching owners with true interest.

When done properly, telemarketed leads destroy all other lead sources. When they suck, they are the worst leads you can get.

Honestly, John, your system sounds so simple and yet great! How do you manage the "hourly rate" - is it number of leads generated per week? Or are you just simply paying them $6 for every lead?

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your answers!

John, what do you give your telemarketers to use for lists? Are you giving them their own goleads account, or are you having them get the lists on their own? What has worked best for you??

I seem to keep running into people who:

1: Only want to do this at night.
or
2: Want to only do it once in a while, in their spare time to make some extra cash.

I have no problem paying for a goleads account if someone is working their butt off, but I have had a hard time finding someone who is willing to do that.

Thanks everyone for your answers!

John, what do you give your telemarketers to use for lists? Are you giving them their own goleads account, or are you having them get the lists on their own? What has worked best for you??

I seem to keep running into people who:

1: Only want to do this at night.
or
2: Want to only do it once in a while, in their spare time to make some extra cash.

I have no problem paying for a goleads account if someone is working their butt off, but I have had a hard time finding someone who is willing to do that.

If somebody wants to do it from time to time put them on a per lead basis of $5-$8 dollars per lead or an hourly basis with lead requirements resulting in whatever hourly rate you set them up. John P. has a great system for doing that.

I have an Excel spreadsheet of every small biz owner in MD. I peel off a few hundred names and email the spreadsheet to my marketers. They have to highlight where they start and note the time and lead they ended on. This why I know exacty how many calls they made per hour. They simply note all the relavent info next to any prospect that wants the info.

When I put an ad out I normally hit 5 cities and get around 40 resumes. It's just a process of finding serious marketers.

Listen, I'm a small biz owner not unlike other owners. How many kids does a Subway owner have to hire? How many resume's and interviews does a large company review and conduct before they hire someone?

I'd like to lie and say it's all easy. It's not. But it is extremely profitable and I'm not competing against unethical agents who are past due on their car payment and need to kick out that Right Start plan.

Last edited:
I have an Excel spreadsheet of every small biz owner in MD. I peel off a few hundred names and email the spreadsheet to my marketers. They have the highlight where they start and note the time, and mark the time and the lead they ended on. This why I know exacty how many calls they made per hour. They simply note all the relavent info next to any prospect that wants the info.

When I put an ad out I normally hit 5 cities and get around 40 resumes. It's just a process of finding serious marketers.

Listen, I'm a small biz owner not unlike other owners. How many kids does a Subway owner have to hire? How many resume's and interviews does a large company conduct before they hire someone?

I'd like to lie and say it's all easy. It's not. But it is extremely profitable and I'm not competing against unethical agents who are past due on their car payment and need to kick out that Right Start plan.

Makes complete sense. Thanks so much for your help, as always!

Back