HMO SNPs

Sorry to take so long to reply. I do a large percentage of my business using SNP plans for Dual Eligibles.

My plans add dental, vision, transportation and some other benefits.

Rick

I also focus on SNP's. some of the benefits are quite good, like free eyeglasse of contacts, a good deal of free dental, a free monthly amount of otc meds and transportation too. And, if your client wants to drive their own car, I have a carrier that pays .35 per mile . some even pay for a membership at a health club.. pm me for info..

The HMO is quite successful in The Philadelphia PA 5-county area. It is also doing quite well as MA. A few years after BC/BS introduced HMO's they came out with PPO plans that were beating up the HMO plans. But now the tables have turned as PPO premiums have skyrocketed past the HMO premiums.:cool:

I don't know where you sell in the 5 county area but for at least 3 of them PPOs are all but gone. HMOs are almost as expensive as Med Sups. I sell about 25 Med Sups to 1 HMO.

I also focus on SNP's. some of the benefits are quite good, like free eyeglasse of contacts, a good deal of free dental, a free monthly amount of otc meds and transportation too. And, if your client wants to drive their own car, I have a carrier that pays .35 per mile . some even pay for a membership at a health club.. pm me for info..

Or check out Medicare.gov for SNP plans available in a given county. These plans and their benefits can vary drastically from state to state and even from one county to the next.

Luke, please don't take this as hostile, but it's insulting for you to claim that you're an expert on SNP plans at ANY level. It's insulting not only because I have spent years becoming an expert in the way SNP's work both from a mechanical perspective at the plan level as well as how these plans coordinate with state Medicaid programs and provider networks, but it's also insulting because not too long ago you came on this forum asking for a comparison between two SNP plans which should have taken you two minutes to figure out if you had any comprehension of the way they actually worked. Again, I'm not trying to be overly hostile here, but you are in no position to claim to be an authority on these plans AND I think anyone that would contract with you is being swindled. If an agent is going to be making an upline override commissions then they should at LEAST have known how these plans work for more than a month.

Can we also contract under you? I know you have about two weeks worth of experience, but I'm sure you already know enough to help others.

Luke, I stopped returning your calls because I felt you were not capable of learning nor of really having an understanding of these plans. I can't express how sorry I am that I even gave you enough training to believe you can help people.

There is no way you went from a know-nothing to an insurance agent that knows enough to explain products and help a client choose the best plan. You will cause much harm to your clients and to yourself. You are not ready to sell.

Here's my prediction. You will be out of the business within the next 3 months unless you find a way to really learn all the options. You won't be missed.

Rick

Last edited:
Rick,
You stopped returning my calls? We spoke one or two times and that was it. I don't remember you not returning my calls because that is not true. To all the new agents on the site, selling supps and MA is not rocket science and you're not curing cancer. you are a salesman that is helping a client. T. That being said, while many agents post nasty comments and get in fights with everyone, and all the lead companies are bad, etc, they are alway trying to be mighty. But that is just simply not the case. While I'm happy that I am an agent, let's not all forget that insurance agents are not curing cancer. And that being said, those who I have spoken to on the phone and post sometimes very nasty posts, hide behind an internet forum.. How small and how sad. And even more sad because many of the nasty post are from decent, nice folks. Anyone, and I mean anyone can learn this business and be effective. Don't let the downer agents raise themelves up at your expense, because they want to feel important. It is childish and ineffective.

Luke, go talk to Tom about "curing cancer."

I suggest you stop posting stupid questions lest we think you might be a bit less than brilliant.

Hope you're clients don't get screwed while you're learning the basics.

And yes, I was incorrect. I meant that I stopped responding to your emails because you are completely unteachable.

Not being a "downer," just realistic. You are a menace.

Rick

I give up.. You are just too smart for me to ever win. ( you are an insurance agent,..)

Rick,
You stopped returning my calls? We spoke one or two times and that was it. I don't remember you not returning my calls because that is not true. To all the new agents on the site, selling supps and MA is not rocket science and you're not curing cancer. you are a salesman that is helping a client. T. That being said, while many agents post nasty comments and get in fights with everyone, and all the lead companies are bad, etc, they are alway trying to be mighty. But that is just simply not the case. While I'm happy that I am an agent, let's not all forget that insurance agents are not curing cancer. And that being said, those who I have spoken to on the phone and post sometimes very nasty posts, hide behind an internet forum.. How small and how sad. And even more sad because many of the nasty post are from decent, nice folks. Anyone, and I mean anyone can learn this business and be effective. Don't let the downer agents raise themelves up at your expense, because they want to feel important. It is childish and ineffective.

Luke,

Not to pile on to you but its the 19th of Sept only 11 days since you had to come to the forum and ask what the Part A deductible is as well as other basic questions easily answered in the Medicare and You book which leads many on us to conclude you have not read this or done the basic studying that will be required to help clients beyond the most basic questions.

You are correct that this is not rocket science but it also something that before you run out and offer contracts to new agents you should be able to do the job yourself so that as you advise these newbies you can help them from making mistakes that will adversely effect their clients, what we sell does effect our clients financial health, you are playing with your clients healthcare....unlike some people I'm glad you came to the forum if you didn't know the answer but please remember that what we sell does affect peoples lives.

Back