Hold On Here We Go!

could it be: the law of large numbers? fewer commercial accounts, fewer to put in the pool? The economy has taken a hard turn, the administration in DC has taken an anti-business stance, it only makes sense that this line of insurance would take a hit as well.

It will be interesting times ahead. Last serious hard market in the early 2000's was brutal.

When you say brutal...how so?

Being new...I have never seen a hard market. I have been told by some people that the most fun I will ever have is in a hard market.

When you say brutal...how so?

Being new...I have never seen a hard market. I have been told by some people that the most fun I will ever have is in a hard market.

Hard markets are great for hungry, aggressive agents that play offense and terrible for established, lazy agents that want to sit on a book of business.

When I was a Captive agent it was brutal because we could not write anything. Homeowners Market was closed, auto rates were uncompetitive, and W/C did not exist. Now as a independent, I plan on cleaning the clock of lazy agents. That being said, I will find the upcoming comments interesting, and I am sure I will be entertained.

When I was a Captive agent it was brutal because we could not write anything. Homeowners Market was closed, auto rates were uncompetitive, and W/C did not exist. Now as a independent, I plan on cleaning the clock of lazy agents. That being said, I will find the upcoming comments interesting, and I am sure I will be entertained.

I am looking at a large captive P&C now, they want me to "open my own office". Are you guys saying that now is not the time?

As Bert said, it is a good time to try and win business and its a bad time to sit on an established book.

Captive p&c your probably looking more at home & auto so the commercial market shouldn't worry you.

As Bert said, it is a good time to try and win business and its a bad time to sit on an established book.

Captive p&c your probably looking more at home & auto so the commercial market shouldn't worry you.

Yeah, they are more about home and auto right now but I cannot get a straight answer out of them if they are competitive right now. I dunno what's up with them.

Back