Holy Cow...what to sell!!

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I am newly contracted with American Equity, Equitrust and Fort Deerborn, and they have all sent me welcome kits with more information that I know what do to with.

My question is...

How do you know what to present? I know that a fact finder is the start but with 5 annuity products that all look the same...what do you do?

I am aware that this will also come with experience, but I figure I would throw the question out there to see how the pro's do it.

Thanks!

I leave most of it up to my marketers. I talk in general about annuities if they tell me they are unhappy with there asset performance. I gather their info and run it by my guys and they help me with the right product. Takes me 2 or 3 appointments to close an annuity sale.

I am newly contracted with American Equity, Equitrust and Fort Deerborn, and they have all sent me welcome kits with more information that I know what do to with.

My question is...

How do you know what to present? I know that a fact finder is the start but with 5 annuity products that all look the same...what do you do?

I am aware that this will also come with experience, but I figure I would throw the question out there to see how the pro's do it.

Thanks!

Study, the products intensely....know them in and out. Then, put together a few "typical client" scenarios and match them with the best product.

i.e., the 10-year VA doesn't work for an 80 year old widow... etc., etc.

Every client's situation is unique, of course, but its always a good idea to know what works where.

i.e., the 10-year VA doesn't work for an 80 year old widow... etc., etc.

If by VA you mean "variable annuity," then none of those products are va's and it is ultra-important to not give the impression to the client that it is a variable annuity or a securities product simply because it is indexed to the market.

Winter

My question is...

Thanks!

I don't know the answers to those questions either. That is why I don't sell annuities. I don't think any agent should until they know ALL the correct answers to any questions that could be asked.

When one sells annuities, that agent is screwing around with the prospects money. Are you really going to be comfortable doing that without a clue about what it is that you are doing just to get a commission?

Selling annuities should not be the kind of thing that you do to "learn from your mistakes" in my opinion.

I'm sure that is not something you would do without a lot of in-depth training first.

Back